#19 - 06/12/08 - Queen of the South (h)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say Jacko is infinately more talented than the likes of Savo when he's only had one season?

Because I think he has more to his game than Savo. He can head a ball, has the ability to take his man on, can hold the ball up and is just as good a finisher (based on last season form). I like Savo, especially this season when playing up top with a big guy, but I think Jacko is a better player.

This doesn't mean that I think Savo should be dropped, because his inclusion in the team is merited.

a very efficient home win will do me. 1-0 even. just off to detroit and met a dundeee fan at gatwick. he was off to geneva for 5 years working and said "I'll be back in time for Dundee's title party." Are people aloud to fly with such extreme mental health problems?

That sounds a bit more realistic, though it is worrying who they will let into an airport in these days of heightened security, I mean SoulfulSaint at Gatwick - what is the world coming to?????????

Lets be honest is Dels style of 4-4-2 really "wingers." Hardie played there regularly and del has also had him playing there on occasions. Hardie is more of a RIGHT MIDFIELDER than Chris Millar will ever be and look where Millar played in MMM's absence on saturday.

Who would you drop to accomodate Martin's return then Broon? I think Jody and Millars work rate and "presence" are enough in the centre mid.

1)He cant drop Chris Millar for more reasons than i can mention

2)He has to include MMM as he commmented on how much we missed him at Dens

3)He wont drop Jody because he has finally got his star signing back on the pitch

4)More often than not Swanks gets a game at home and i presume will have been told that Dundee was not the right game for him and QOTS will suit his play much better

5)He wont drop Liam Craig (unless he puts him back to left back) which would leave him having to drop Ando after a solid performance on Saturday

I agree that if Sammy is going to get a start, this saturday will be his day. Homer is not 100% and its a home game with an otherwise fully fit squad.

My feeling is that swankie will miss out again which is a shame because he can provide some brilliant ammo for Homer and Savo however if he leaves out him then he has to accomodate

Hardie, Jody, Millar and Craig in a 4 man midfield and given how ineffective Chris was right mid v dundee i cant see him marooned out there again....... hence why i suggested MMM would be there.

Lets be honest is Dels style of 4-4-2 really "wingers." Hardie played there regularly and del has also had him playing there on occasions. Hardie is more of a RIGHT MIDFIELDER than Chris Millar will ever be and look where Millar played in MMM's absence on saturday.

Who would you drop to accomodate Martin's return then Broon? I think Jody and Millars work rate and "presence" are enough in the centre mid.

1)He cant drop Chris Millar for more reasons than i can mention

2)He has to include MMM as he commmented on how much we missed him at Dens

3)He wont drop Jody because he has finally got his star signing back on the pitch

4)More often than not Swanks gets a game at home and i presume will have been told that Dundee was not the right game for him and QOTS will suit his play much better

5)He wont drop Liam Craig (unless he puts him back to left back) which would leave him having to drop Ando after a solid performance on Saturday

I agree that if Sammy is going to get a start, this saturday will be his day. Homer is not 100% and its a home game with an otherwise fully fit squad.

My feeling is that swankie will miss out again which is a shame because he can provide some brilliant ammo for Homer and Savo however if he leaves out him then he has to accomodate

Hardie, Jody, Millar and Craig in a 4 man midfield and given how ineffective Chris was right mid v dundee i cant see him marooned out there again....... hence why i suggested MMM would be there.

I think that he will play Swankie this week and drop Ando by switching craig into defence. I think MMM will be played in the centre of the park, possibly changing around with Millar. I want to see Sammy start a game, but think he is more likely to go with the partnership that he brought us success so far.....

I dont think Sheerin is likely to start when we have a full compliment of midfielders which I believe was always the intention before the jody injury.

I dont think Sheerin is likely to start when we have a full compliment of midfielders which I believe was always the intention before the jody injury.

I'd probably agree with you on that one. However, Paul Sheerin has turned in some consistently good performances of late - thought he did well again on Saturday when he came on - which gives the manager a bit of a decision to make...

One thing i realised from my previous very long post was that i hadnt even considered Mooner. Del was in the paper again singing his praises saying that he is an "all rounder" who has all the qualities to be a star. So assuming the Sheerin is the man to drop out of the equation that leaves:

Swankie/Millar/Hardie/Mooner/Jody/Craig

?????

Sorry mate, I thought Ando was honking on Saturday, nearly cost us on a number of occasions, as did James. I think the defence is still a potential weak area especially when we end up defending deep. Queen's are good going forward and I hope Caff is back to make things a bit more solid.

I just feel Ando looks so much more natural back there and takes a lot of the pressure off our centre half, but when liam is in there, Dinky or Caff or KJ is always on his back making sure he is in position ect. Plus i think Liam is wasted at left back. I think a couple of games in that slot will see Ando as the short term answer.

As for James i think its looking like its going to be a race to see which(if either) of them are fit for saturday. Could well see ando slip inside one with liam going left back because both James and Caff are really up against it to make saturday.

a very efficient home win will do me. 1-0 even. just off to detroit and met a dundeee fan at gatwick. he was off to geneva for 5 months working and said "I'll be back in time for Dundee's title party." Are people aloud to fly with such extreme mental health problems?

Poor show - people leaving this beautiful land just to fly on a plane and pretend its a work related flight....These people should be at home at this critical period supporting their club in person....whats this world coming too...tch tch tch :mrgreen:

ANdo makes too many errors to be a CB. That position needs cool heads and strong leadership, and although KJ has that, as well as height, he's too slow. The speed of Weatherstone would be a real hassle for him. Hopefully Caff can come back in time, but that's a doubt. If Homer's not 100%, I would also try putting Peaso on from the start as we don't want to risk aggravating the injury.

Rusty and Irvine need to be much better organised if Davie starts. Remember, every interview at the end of his time with us, "I score goals by drifting left and cutting inside" Curier destroyed us by doing this on Saturday and Davie will exploit it. Irvine will match him for pace but Rusty won't. On the plus side, his finishing is not brilliant.

Agree with RBB about the midfield but can't see Del having the balls to stick MMM wide right. Millar has done well most of the year playing out of position and mental can score whereas Midge (despite his strikes in training) has not opened his account yet.

You've gotta feel for Mooner. Outplayed Jody at Dens and yet he's almost certain to be dropped again. If I was him, I'd be on the blower to Levein.

As for the strikers, I don't want Sammy to start,after his attitude at Dens. He undid a stack of good work with 15 minutes of apapthy of Saturday and to hand him a start, after displaying such indifference, would be criminal. I'd give Jacko or Peaso a run. Never understood the criticism of Jacko, especially given his summer ailments; whilst for all his faults, Peaso is a brilliant finisher.

I would agree. James is too brutal, at times. Rusty just quietly gets on with it, yet still leads them well.

Havers! It's a game for big hairy men, no' poofters. I'll take 11 fighters over 11fairies every time.

Did you see the reserve game against Arbroath? Morgan went to sleep at a set piece, James gave him rollicking and Morgan went in a wee huff. Without getting into specifics, James and Craig had a disagreement at training. The two men fought their corner for a few seconds, got on with the game and picked up the discussion at the interval. It ended with James patting Liam on the back, no hard feelings.

Do you want Liam's or Morgan's in you team? Players that can't cope with criticism can feck off to the OF.

James also holds a higher line, which possibly saved our unbeaten run.

yeah i agree with 101! The experience of Dinky and KJ getting an extended run as a partnership to me is an invaluable asset at this level. No doubt Caff has been excellent! He has been solid and has so much to offer, but Kevin has the shirt now and it will be a case of i told you so because between Main Dinky and James the foundation is there for a rock solid defence.

A lot of the criticism for James comes through fans frustration about his injuries and how he has left us short at the back in recent times. However to knock the guys ability to get us out of this division is insane in my opinion.

In short Dinky Caff and Kj are all of a similar standard, but that is what competition for places is all about.

As for Mooner in midfield, Del has a real headache ahead of saturday.