Trip To Dingwall - 03/01/09

ryangordon86

Hey folks, what's the plan for dingwall?

I've checked the train prices and times and they don't look too pretty.

Return times are 16:37 which would mean missing the end of the game then there's not another til after 19:00 and it involves a trip via Stirling.

Single on the way can be had for £11.00 but the return leg is over £40!!

Are many heading North for this and if so, who's taking a car? perfect opportunity to share fuel costs, driving etc?

If there are sufficient numbers we could even look at getting a self drive minibus for the journey. We'd obviously need someone over 25 (thats me out) to drive but i've checked a few online quotes out and we could get a 15 seater for £138 inc VAT with the minibus getting dropped off on the Saturday morning at 7:00 and picked up at 23:00?

Seems pretty good to me...

Hey folks, what's the plan for dingwall?

I've checked the train prices and times and they don't look too pretty.

Return times are 16:37 which would mean missing the end of the game then there's not another til after 19:00 and it involves a trip via Stirling.

Single on the way can be had for £11.00 but the return leg is over £40!!

Are many heading North for this and if so, who's taking a car? perfect opportunity to share fuel costs, driving etc?

If there are sufficient numbers we could even look at getting a self drive minibus for the journey. We'd obviously need someone over 25 (thats me out) to drive but i've checked a few online quotes out and we could get a 15 seater for £138 inc VAT with the minibus getting dropped off on the Saturday morning at 7:00 and picked up at 23:00?

Seems pretty good to me...

I'm definitely up for the trip. Not sure we'd get numbers for the bus at this time of year but would be up for it.

Train trip is always good but £50 is a little steep. One way or other we will get there.

Im sure we could club 10-12 people together for the trip.

we pretty much already have 5 with:

Me

Geoff Was Right

Stans The Man

St Tommy

Tractor Boy

I also have a potential driver in my thoughts...

edited to say: 12 seater comes in at £126.50 inc VAT

10 people would equate roughly £23 per person. £13 per head for transport and £10ish per head for fuel?

Yeah count me in, i'm just wondering who you're thinking of to drive ????????

Not you! Stop panicking! Was going to speak to you to see if you fancied asking your dad. He was happy to drive last time and im sure he'd enjoy it? Good plan tommy, pick ups are a def option. Marc, davie, jason??? Any of you guys making the trip north? DS, not seen or heard from you in a bit, what about you and your sister?

Not you! Stop panicking! Was going to speak to you to see if you fancied asking your dad. He was happy to drive last time and im sure he'd enjoy it? Good plan tommy, pick ups are a def option. Marc, davie, jason??? Any of you guys making the trip north? DS, not seen or heard from you in a bit, what about you and your sister?

count me in!

Why don't you pm Wee John and The Lark Saint and gauge if there is likely to be any overspill for places from The Jeanfield 208 or the Dunkeld Rd club. The bus from Edinburgh will have to come past Perth and you could pick up a few there if demand exists and you have spaces to fill.It may be cheaper to get a 15 or so seater but I don't know how big you can go before getting into PSV territory.Just a thought.

Why don't you pm Wee John and The Lark Saint and gauge if there is likely to be any overspill for places from The Jeanfield 208 or the Dunkeld Rd club. The bus from Edinburgh will have to come past Perth and you could pick up a few there if demand exists and you have spaces to fill.It may be cheaper to get a 15 or so seater but I don't know how big you can go before getting into PSV territory.Just a thought.

Thanks Mr. Baker. Hope you crazy travellers are looking at this. Will save mucho casho.