Would You Mark The Anniversary of The Airdrieonians Game?

O'Rourke

Partick trotted our some legends last week why don't we do something similar?

This weekend bears a lot of similarities with probably the best game seen at McDiarmid Park. Should we mark the 20th anniversary of that momentous match by having some of our legends wave to the crowd at a future game?

Great shame that one of the guys would not be there though.

Any thoughts?

Ginger are you out there mate?

19th anniversary. March 1990 it took place. I remember it well as it was the day after my stag do.

brilliant game, best ever game at mcdiarmid park if you ask me.

This was my best football experience of my life so far, followed by Scotland v Brazil the opening game of France98. Does anyone remember a game we played when Ian Gibson was player manager, away at Albion Rovers, it was a midweek match I think and we won 4-3 with ten men?

This was my best football experience of my life so far, followed by Scotland v Brazil the opening game of France98. Does anyone remember a game we played when Ian Gibson was player manager, away at Albion Rovers, it was a midweek match I think and we won 4-3 with ten men?

i was at the 4-3 .nae polis and a row with the locals when we got the 4th brilliant .

the days from 89-92 were by far the best in my time following saints. great days. they may get sick of hearing it but thats life. i was brought up hearing stories of the 60's + 70's and loved learning about the olden days. perhaps the young ones should take more of an interest in the past instead of moaning about hearing so much about it.

Spot on comment Mr Muzz - those early years of supporting the Saints were fantastic, from scoring 5 goals in the last 20 minutes at Cliftonhill to Airdrie at home and virually winning the league that day in front of a sell out crowd and the Sportscene cameras as the game of the day to clinching the title down at Somerset Park. Heck even the Meadowbank 5-1 defeat (my first ever game) and subsequent times weren't bad (mainly because we were at rock bottom anyway so the only was up!). Follow up with the Totten Premier Division days and it was fantastic.

Spot on comment Mr Muzz - those early years of supporting the Saints were fantastic, from scoring 5 goals in the last 20 minutes at Cliftonhill to Airdrie at home and virually winning the league that day in front of a sell out crowd and the Sportscene cameras as the game of the day to clinching the title down at Somerset Park. Heck even the Meadowbank 5-1 defeat (my first ever game) and subsequent times weren't bad (mainly because we were at rock bottom anyway so the only was up!). Follow up with the Totten Premier Division days and it was fantastic.

They were the best......

Alex Totten waving his scarf at us, brilliant!

• 11 months later...
20 years this year!

As much as I enjoyed the Morton title clincher, nothing will ever come close to the Airdrie game.

For anyone who hasn't seen the highlights please do yourself a favour and check them out on the video thread.

We play Dundee United at home on the Saturday after the date. I remember last season, some club legends were introduced to the crowd at the break in one match, I'd love to see something similar. Obviously we're without at least one of the squad and others will be involved with their own clubs but it'd be great to show some of the guys who never really got a crack in the Premier Division for us (e.g. John Balavage, Kenny Ward etc...) how highly regarded their side still is.

It's our last home game before the split so you never know, it could be a vital match in a push for the top six, so could this be the home game that some sort of initiative is organised for? Would be great to see the stadium full for this match, just like it was for the Airdrieonians game.

• 2 years later...