#26 - 07/02/09 - Ross County (a)

I'm contemplating wearing one of these in the away end

balaclava004.jpg

You'll defo need to take the Jacko Flag along then!

Jacko.jpg

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the terrace is closed tomorrow, as it has been for several other visits up there in more recent times. Might be worth phoning County and telling them how much you want to stand there!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. Was just about to phone them but that clears things up.

I honestly believe this game will go ahead now and cant wait for my 7:52am train to Perth. I'm contemplating wearing one of these in the away end

balaclava004.jpg

I really hope for your sake the game is on, im not sure if you would be able to last any longer without having the chance to stand on the terracing. Rumour has it, that you have been inconsable ever since Saturday when you never got the chance to stand in the WDE!

Fingers crossed this game is on, best away day of the season. Whats the story with Peaso? If he is fit i would start him and Jacko up front, nothing against Homer, he has been doing well, we just need a change. I wonder how Jody will cope if the game is on tomorrow? If he is anything like his fellow Londoners he will be unable to make the game, due to a few inches of snow! 3-1 us, Jody to hit a 35 yard screamer, and a Jacko double. See you on the 9.50am SJFC Express.

The terrace better be open or there will be hell to pay for Hamish and his teuchter pals in the ticket office!

Radford, blow the cobwebs off the flag and bring it along. I'll meet you at the usual pick up point in O'Paddys Bar.

Aitchy, delete some messages in your inbox because I'm trying to PM you.

Regarding the terrace being shut; the 208 has 2 buses plus the other bus that the old farts like Ghost usually go on, then there is the ever increasing Choo Choo mob and then the people who travel by car. Can't see them accommodating that in that tin shed stand.

Just spoke to my mate, a county fan who is in the police up there.

The covers are down and at the moment the pitch is playable, they are not taking the covers off till tomorrow morning.

He also said the biggest problem would be the road as

"the A9 is a nightmare just now"

The terrace better be open or there will be hell to pay for Hamish and his teuchter pals in the ticket office!

Radford, blow the cobwebs off the flag and bring it along. I'll meet you at the usual pick up point in O'Paddys Bar.

Aitchy, delete some messages in your inbox because I'm trying to PM you.

Regarding the terrace being shut; the 208 has 2 buses plus the other bus that the old farts like Ghost usually go on, then there is the ever increasing Choo Choo mob and then the people who travel by car. Can't see them accommodating that in that tin shed stand.

Who you calling an old fart, you drunken hooligan:wink:

I wish they would feck off with this roads shite..Get the ****ing game on and we'll get there .. We are all ( well mostly) grow ups and can decide wether we want to go or not. I don't need som plod deciding for me. Football should NEVER be called off just cos there are problems with the bloody roads...I need a bloody game and I need one NOW!!:evil:

It would look like the train being the best way for all to travel. I read that the Saints team will be travelling up tomorrow.

John, will there be a 208 train going up if the road's closed? :wink::laugh:

The road will not be closed.

If it is and if the players get the train it will be no good as the kit is still going up on the team bus.

The road will not be closed.

If it is and if the players get the train it will be no good as the kit is still going up on the team bus.

That's what we want to see...Confidence... :D

It would seem that the roads okay now. I just checked on AA road watch and it is showing no problems..

That's what we want to see...Confidence... :D

It would seem that the roads okay now. I just checked on AA road watch and it is showing no problems..

As Herts has already said, the best thing to do is have a look at the traffic cameras here:

Traffic Scotland > Live-Eye-Views

Shows Drumochter and Slochd. Pretty heavy snow but if folk leave in plenty of time there shouldn't be any issues. No doubt you'll still find Mr BMW overtaking on a blind corner at 110mph though.

Young lad works in Dingwall......they have light covering of snow at the moment.

Aviemore has about 8 or 9 inches at the moment and it has started snowing again.

Biggest problem on the A9 is the lorries and inexperienced drivers ( those that have not driven in snow / icy conditions) who suddenly come to a halt and cant move until the gritters arrive.

The worst bits will be Drumochter and Cuaich which have a habit of drifting snow storms-but the Kingussie plough drivers are usually shit hot at clearing....so we might all get there-but might not all get back.

Young lad works in Dingwall......they have light covering of snow at the moment.

Aviemore has about 8 or 9 inches at the moment and it has started snowing again.

Biggest problem on the A9 is the lorries and inexperienced drivers ( those that have not driven in snow / icy conditions) who suddenly come to a halt and cant move until the gritters arrive.

The worst bits will be Drumochter and Cuaich which have a habit of drifting snow storms-but the Kingussie plough drivers are usually shit hot at clearing....so we might all get there-but might not all get back.

As long as we get there who cares:D

Phoned Ross County this afternoon. Stated pitch playable, but very doubtful if forecast is correct for this evening. Certainly hope game is on and that we can get the 3 points but realistically I think it may be off.

:mad:

Pretty sure Ross County will make an early decision on Saturday.

I for one am not risking the A9.

Give out a huge COME ON YE SAINTS! from me all of you good people who are going.