#28 - 21/02/09 - Queen of the South (a)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ever I will be following the saintees on the road, Queens is a good trip. I genuienly agree with the point made about the away fans.

I must say I am not at all confident about the game but will travel with hope. Can we equal our all time record of 19 games unbeaten this weekend?

Personally I would go with.

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Anderson

Samuel Morris Sheerin Craig

Milne Holmes

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Hardie, Moon, Peaso

MON THE SAINTEES!!!!

I shall also be making the trip south of the border for this one! When was the last time we won at palmerston? been a few seasons anyway, many may say we are overdue a win over queens at their place...................would have to say 2-1 the saintees!!

Will our 18 game unbeaten run end against queens.............i hope not!:razz:

Teamwise i would be happy to go with.....................

Main (legend!)

Irvine Ruti Caff Craig

Samuel Sheerin Morris Miller

Savo Holmes.

Subs: McLean, Swankie, Garters, Peaso, Hardie.

Injured: James, Jacko.

No place for: Whoever iv not mentioned :razz:

MON YE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when did dumfries move south of the border?? have i fell asleep in my old age and missed something?

I'd be looking at Ando for the left back slot as well, assuming that we don't, by some miracle, finally land a left back on loan (as reported, unsurprisingly, in today's Evening Telegraph). The temptation might be there though to also revert back to a 3-5-2 as they are sure to play two up front, unlike County. Extra man in midfield wouldn't go amiss either. I still don't like the formation but it has it's merits at some away venues if we continue without a natural left back.

Playing them at just the wrong time though and they seem to have improved massively since Chisholm restored Dobbie and O'Connor to the starting XI and got Scally and Harris back from injury to play alongside new signings McCann and Lancaster.

We need to get back to winning ways on the road but I'd definitely take a point from Saturday if offered right now. Hope we take a good support down as I thought 2,700 was a disappointing crowd on Saturday.

This could be our hardest game of the season as its the first time we have actually played a team on form. I dont think we have too much to fear though as we have better players all over the pitch. It was only a few weeks ago that livi humped them 2-0 and Dundee went down to Dumfries on a bad run and came away with 3 points. The only player I fear to a degree is Dobbie with the old revenge factor spurring him on but we have kept him quiet every other time.

Think the game comes too early for Hardie as it hard to justify sticking him in ahead of Morris, Millar, Moon or Sheerin which is a shame because we need the big man at the moment but his lack of matches is holding him back but hopefully with the weather improving he'll get some reserve matches. I think its vital that Homer and Samuel start and we need energy in the midfield for this one.

They seem to have returned to form since Dobbie came back into team. QoS fans on p&b have been saying for weeks that be should be in the team. Looks like they were right. Sure there are other reasons for their return to form,as in new players coming in & others coming back from injury.

Think we should go looking for a win but happy if it ends in a draw.

Team picks itself with Sammy replacing Swankie with McLean, Ando, Moon,Hardie, Swankie on the bench.

Oops,Savo for Jacko who will be out for a while.

This could be our hardest game of the season as its the first time we have actually played a team on form.

I disagree. The game at EEP where we went top of the league was against Dunfermline, who had very similar form to ourselves at the time. The team stepped up to the mark, and delivered 3 points. We should be expecting them to do the same again this time against a team who, on paper, we should totally outclass.

Should is a dangerous word to use in reference to St Johnstone, though.

This could be our hardest game of the season as its the first time we have actually played a team on form.

I felt disappointed we only drew at Palmerston last time out, we dominated, scored two had a stone-wall penalty turned down and then conceded a stupid late goal due to a goalkeeping error. I'd take 2-2 again but think we can win. I was more nervous about Morton away strangely enough

I disagree. The game at EEP where we went top of the league was against Dunfermline, who had very similar form to ourselves at the time. The team stepped up to the mark, and delivered 3 points. We should be expecting them to do the same again this time against a team who, on paper, we totally outclass.

Not really.

Not really.

About a half of their team are players we deemed "not good enough". Dobbie being the prime example. Although we shouldn't assume we'll beat every team, as I admit to often being guilty of, I'd rather have Rusty than Thomson or Main instead of Robinson, any day of the week.

I think we'll draw, though. Queens are coming back onto form, but we are very, very hard to beat.