#28 - 21/02/09 - Queen of the South (a)

Think the game comes too early for Hardie as it hard to justify sticking him in ahead of Morris, Millar, Moon or Sheerin which is a shame because we need the big man at the moment but his lack of matches is holding him back but hopefully with the weather improving he'll get some reserve matches. I think its vital that Homer and Samuel start and we need energy in the midfield for this one.

Are you suggesting that he's fit enough to play for 90 minutes, but not match fit or are you suggesting he couldn't last 90 minutes?

Irrespective, I don't think he should be on the bench. Savo clearly wasn't at the races on Saturday and shouldn't have been on the bench. He did let us down, rather his manager let Savo down. Who knows, had Peaso been the subbie striker, perhaps he would have scored and presented Del with a real dilema for Saturday.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

There doesn't seem to be that much excitment/intrest for the game on sat on the board. Its a crucial and v hard game for us, and we need as many saintees there as possible to spur the players on.

The team needs all the backing as possible & we'll have to be behind them from the start- if they make a mistake, so what??? Get behind them all.

Also Palmerston is usually a hard place for us to come back with points so we need as many of us there as possible. The players will really apperciate seeing a large away support there (eg East end park last year) and may spur the team onto having a good game.

Apart from that We're only 1 game away from matching our record which will be a great achievment-we're probably nt going to see saints go 19 games undefeated in our lives again(well we might).

So if you can make the game but your still undecided, be there on sat, cheers.

Cmon the saints

You'd have to guess Byrne will come straight into the side on Saturday but I actually think 3-5-2 could have suited us quite well down there, with Ruti, Caff and Gartland across the back and Irvine, Millar, Morris, Sheerin and Craig in midfield.

As it is, I'd guess the team will more likely be:

Main

Irvine - Rutkiewicz - McCaffrey - Byrne

Millar - Morris - Craig/Sheerin - Craig/Sheerin

Milne/Samuel - Holmes

Subbies: McLean, Gartland (although really it should be Ando since he's more versatile), Hardie, Milne/Samuel, Moon/MacDonald.

FFS, is it just me?? :evil: Del on the offical site yet again telling us how hard the next game will be... How about a bit of different psychology for a change, like:

"We're top of the league, 18 games unbeaten home and away - they're in the bottom six, 12 points off the pace and we also have a game in hand. They have had a couple of decent results recently but the league doesn't lie - we are the better team, so we're going down there expecting to bring back the 3 points."

We treat other teams with too much respect.

FFS, is it just me?? :evil: Del on the offical site yet again telling us how hard the next game will be... How about a bit of different psychology for a change, like:

"We're top of the league, 18 games unbeaten home and away - they're in the bottom six, 12 points off the pace and we also have a game in hand. They have had a couple of decent results recently but the league doesn't lie - we are the better team, so we're going down there expecting to bring back the 3 points."

He is just managing fans' expectations - I doubt he uses any of that spiel in the changing room before the game.

Its just you!! why would he set him self up for a fall? and make an arrogant pri** of himself? and i dont think that is what he would be saying within the confines of mcdiarmid park and the changing room at palmerston.

Is this the "Biggest Game Of The Season" ???

I certainly think so, Queens have been rank rotten in the last few months but a recent revival of of a couple wins and a draw in the last 3 games after a run of 10 games without a win. More notably they beat Dunfermline at EEP.

I believe Del has great confidence in the team and I'm sure we will be tight at the back again and come home with the 3 points.

That's the exact comment that would inspire QOS to go and beat us. Its better he talks the importance of the game down

Because he doesn't want egg on his face?

Nah! Its a motivational proclamation.

I have made the last 3 or 4 matches at Palmerston but circumstances prevent us from travelling this time. I will be shouting louder than anyone in the pub at Sky Sports New each time we score.

Too much negativity on here.

A 'home' game for me and the first chance I've had to see Saints since the Clyde game in December. I'd like to see Saints getting back to the way we were playing at the start of this unbeaten run when we were moving the ball through midfield much quicker than the last couple of times I've seen Saints and I hope moving Craig back to midfield will be the catalyst for that.

We were very unlucky not to win last time out a Palmerston and given the almost polar opposite fortunes of the teams since then I think we've got to be confident of getting a win but a draw would still be a good result.

Team:

Main

Irvine McCaffrey Rusty Byrne

Samuel Morris Craig Sheerin

Peaso/Savo Holmes

FFS, is it just me?? :evil: Del on the offical site yet again telling us how hard the next game will be

we are the better team, so we're going down there expecting to bring back the 3 points."

Thats because tomorrow will be hard. Going down expecting three points is an attitude i doubt any team in the country would proclaim to the media and to suggest Derek should is just purely and utterly ridiculous.

Qos at home, on the run they are on, with the spirit they show....DESERVE to be treated with a degree of respect!