#29 - 28/02/09 - Dundee (h)

MUZZ

I bet you were a bit quieter when you got your 'new' seat!

Actually come to thinnk of it there was a number of times that the South End of the East Stand started to get a song going only for it to fizzle out at the middle.

I ended up sitting at the far south of the stand with a few people I know and we tried to get the singing started. Ghost of Jim Morton gave it his best, sio fair play to him.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up sitting at the far south of the stand with a few people I know and we tried to get the singing started. Ghost of Jim Morton gave it his best, sio fair play to him.

Our old bastards end of the stand is far more relaxed. Stewards rarely bother us. Language is still choice and we stand up when something merits it without chief steward Adolf getting too involved.Our usual stewards are all very relaxed about. When Adolf does come along our end I tend to behave a little worse just to piss him off. He's been invited more than once to "come on up and try and throw me out if he's brave enough" but has so far turned down my offers. I usually end my conversations with him in the same manner..I tell him to fuck off and he does..

A disappointing match. Really an anti-climax after the pre-match excitement. The players have to take the blame for their dismal display, but the state of the pitch also merits a share of it. The ball was bouncing around like mad, and it must have been very hard to control it and do anything constructive with it.

The defence was solid, particularly Rutkiewicz who is truly an inspirational figure at the back. The midfield was a non-event. As soon as I heard our line-up, I thought that McInnes was taking a gamble in playing such a lightweight midfield (Millar, Moon and Swankie), against the more powerful McHale and Cameron, especially considering the rough conditions also. As it turns out, I was correct. Hardly any got much time on the ball, so our midfield was basically ruled out, leaving us with nothing but a solid defence and an isolated attack. I would have started Hardie in this match. To be fair, Moon was passable, but Craig and Millar were nowhere near their usual selves, and Swankie had another nightmare, which was unfortunate. He doesn't seem like the type of player who can block out the abuse from opposing fans, and McInnes should have known he would be greeted with such a reception whenever he was on the ball. Taking him off at half-time will have done nothing for his confidence, and I hope he is not dropped altogether from the matchday squad against Ross County on Saturday.

The truth be told, I am a bit worried. I can't see where our goals are going to come from, with Milne, Holmes, and Barrett our only attacking options. Barrett isn't exactly renowned as a prolific scorer, although he looked decent when he came on. Milne is our top scorer, but saying that, he has only scored a total of 8 goals, most of which were earlier on in the season. Holmes is not a striker. He causes as much problems as any man of his build would cause just by standing and doing nothing. He jumps about 1cm off the ground, and his lay-offs come to nothing. Whenever he receives the ball, he passes backwards again. He is supposedly a forward. He should at least attempt to move forward some of the time. I know he is 'not that type of player', but what he offers is not helping us whatsoever. He has done OK at some points in recent weeks, and has scored 2 goals recently, but his striking rate this season has been truly abysmal considering he is the forward who has played most games for us. How he has managed to consistently start games for us is still a mystery to me, but that is just my opinion. Any 2 of Milne/Barrett/Samuel (if fit), to start next Saturday.

I saw the incident when Eddie Malone was hit on the head by something. It certainly wasn't a coin, but a sweet of some sort. However, the nature of the UFO doesn't mean the attack can be condoned. It was out of order, although it was amusing to see Eddie's petulant reaction.

Dundee were poor also.

Not much more to be said.

Also, someone asked earlier in the thread, as a joke I assume, if Swankie was a Dee. In fact, I'm fairly sure he is. When Dundee first signed him, we were also in competition for his signature, and I recall the Tay FM report said something like, 'Swankie has decided against signing for St. Johnstone, choosing instead Dundee, the club he has supported since he was a boy.'

However, I am sure this has nothing to do with his performance for us on Saturday.

i was well disapointed with the game ,thats why i am commenting now.swankies fae arbroath and his family come to watch him, unfortunately i think we have someone in the john paul mcbride mould.braw crowd and thats the biggest dundee support i have ever seen at mcd,well done ya minky baTards ha ha. a point to show for it which is fine but i am still fecked off about the match.time to concentrate on the next game and hopefully stuff some one.we are unbeatable .from now till tomorrow the saints shall not lose.lock the topic and lets move on.i have.

I sit down the front next to the Dundee fans and started singing Stand up if you hate Dundee, only for the steward to say me and a mate were getting papped out. He started chattering away on his walkie talkie, so I had to run away and sit down the opposite end of the stand. Was worth it in the end as I got a nice photo wearing a police woman's hat with Soulful. :laugh:

I thought you liked us noose!:wink:

I saw the incident when Eddie Malone was hit on the head by something. It certainly wasn't a coin, but a sweet of some sort. However, the nature of the UFO doesn't mean the attack can be condoned. It was out of order, although it was amusing to see Eddie's petulant reaction.

QUOTE]

I never saw anything getting thrown but i noticed the linesman going onto the pitch and picking up a coin and handing it to the ref-though that may have been his payment for denying the stonewallers