#30 - 07/03/09 - Ross County (h)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is on Saturday and its a huge one, yet this thread had just went off the first page on saints chat.

Why the negativity? We are top of the league! I would have given anything to be in this position the last few seasons.

I would go:

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Byrne

Sammy Millar Sheerin Craig

Homer Savo

We have been lacking anyone that can play on the right side of midfield and whilst I dont think sammy is the answer, his pace can provide county with a lot of problems.

Homer caused them lots of problems last time and he can do so again.

Come on saints!

The game is on Saturday and its a huge one, yet this thread had just went off the first page on saints chat.

Why the negativity? We are top of the league! I would have given anything to be in this position the last few seasons.

I would go:

Main

Irvine Rusty Caff Byrne

Sammy Millar Sheerin Craig

Homer Savo

We have been lacking anyone that can play on the right side of midfield and whilst I dont think sammy is the answer, his pace can provide county with a lot of problems.

Homer caused them lots of problems last time and he can do so again.

Come on saints!

You have to question Sammy Fitness to start the game but I know where you are coming from. Moon must play after last week.

Swankie to come on 65 mins, score 1 and set up 2.

I would take a 1-0 win with an own goal, as we need to take three points, ok the beer will go down better on Saturday night if we win 3 or 4-0.

My pint will go down like a dream if its 1-0! Any scoreline as long as its a win. County will be tough to break down and are not to be underestimated.

stick the undersoil heating on .
Yeah this game must go ahead! We want to put some distance between the others and crank the pressure up!

I am sure someone said it had to be switched on Thursday for it to work but as it was frosty yesterday too only an idiot wouldnt have though to click the switch!

I want a bit of style with a victory tomorrow to really send out a statement of intent. I hate saying a game is must win but I think there will be real reason for concern if we don't pick up the three points. At the same time there's no way we can lose sight of how hard the game could be, depending on what County side turn up. They've already won at Dens, Firhill (twice) and East End Park this season and although it was maybe harsh on us, they did lead us by two goals at half-time only a month ago. Not forgetting their good performance against us in the Alba Cup back in July.

After having really only 17 or 18 players to choose from last week, squad is boosted again a bit with the return of Samuel and Hardie and I'd expect both to be involved in the squad, with MacDonald for certain likely to be sat in the stand again. I was surprised he recalled McCaffrey last week. Nothing to do with the abilities of the two players but it seemed strange to drop him at Queen of the South if it wasn't to bring Gartland in long-term. I'd expect Caff to hold onto the jersey tomorrow now though. Despite Barrett's goals for the reserves, I still reckon it'll be Milne and Holmes in attack.

Midfield as always will be the headache as there is little to choose between most of the options. Hardie won't start the match and McInnes is playing with fire if he starts Swankie so that really leaves Millar, Moon, Sheerin and Craig?

Have a horrible feeling about the match.

I want a bit of style with a victory tomorrow to really send out a statement of intent. I hate saying a game is must win but I think there will be real reason for concern if we don't pick up the three points. Have a horrible feeling about the match.

Worry not. Very tight game with life choked out of it. Savo scores in 78minutes. St Johnstone get three points and we sleep like babies. There will be more nervous days to come but I have a feeling we have seen off the storms and spring awaits.

Radford, we always win when you fear the worst. Keep these negative vibes going. Soulful's probably nailed the match report, it'll be be a stuffy affair in comparison to the Dingwall game. Scrappy one goal victories so often point to champions elect.

Not as if Dyron Daal could score against us, is it?

If we get a convincing win here then it really will be a big blow to the confidence of Dundee and Partick, regardless of their results.

For that reason, this is a huge game for Saints.

dundee are not playing, due to play the end of march @ Dunfermline postponed because of their cup game. If we win, the significance is huge.

despite the apparent lack of excitement im actually looking forward to tomorrow. we are due a comfortable win and i think tomorrow will be the day we click in midfield. i would go with..

main

irvine rusty caff byrne

swankie moon millar craig

homer savo

mclean, gartland, sheerin, samuel, barret.

sounds like this game has come too soon for hardie, want to have ando included but cant see mcinness leaving gartland out completely. id go 3-1 saints, well fought and deserved victory.

COME ON YOU BLUUUUUUUES!