#31 - 10/03/09 - Clyde (a)

Radford 72

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'd go for Barrett and Savo- I don't long the long-ball game is Holmes fault, it isn't him that plays the passes to himself, but maybe not having him on the pitch will stop the constant long balls up the park.

This will be a hard game and I'd like to see Hardie come in and get stuck in the middle, leaving Sheerin on the bench. That leaves Moon with the duty of controling the ball in the middle- he has the ability to do it and would like to see him do so.

My team-

Main

Irvine-Rusty-Caff-Byrne

Millar-Hardie-Moon-Craig

Barrett-Savo

Subs- McLean, Anderson, Holmes, Sheerin and Swankie

Absolutely gutted that I cannot make this game

Its worse than upsetting his boss, he is missing an important game due to having to spend a "night in with the missus". Shame on you Noose, this reflects badly on St Johnstone.

Im confident about this one, i would go with a 4-3-3 - Savo, Homer and Barrett up front, with Sheerinho pulling the strings in the middle with Mooner and Craig. I know its been dire at the games lately, but im sure the players would appreciate a good turnout from the fans on Tuesday night, get yourself to Broadwood!

This will be a hard game and I'd like to see Hardie come in and get stuck in the middle, leaving Sheerin on the bench.

Seeing that Hardie is a doubt now too. He's due for more injections in Leicester this week and if he picks up a knock, it'll throw a spanner in the works regarding that trip. Late decision according to Mr Masson in the Evening Telegraph.

I think he should be on the bench only, if anything. There's no way he can put himself 100% into the game if he's worried about hurting himself.

If Hardie doesn't make it, I wonder if that'll open the door for Steven Doris. He did well at Arbroath and could be the answer on the right of midfield.

Seeing that Hardie is a doubt now too. He's due for more injections in Leicester this week and if he picks up a knock, it'll throw a spanner in the works regarding that trip. Late decision according to Mr Masson in the Evening Telegraph.

Making reference to the article in Evening Telegraph on Collin Samuel -

"The front man, impressive against Ross County, is getting pain from a leg injury and won’t face the Bully Wee."

What game was this guy watching, if any. Sammy has never been impressive for me this season. Bizarre.

"The front man, impressive against Ross County, is getting pain from a leg injury and won’t face the Bully Wee."

What game was this guy watching, if any. Sammy has never been impressive for me this season. Bizarre.

Thought Sammy was one of our better players on Saturday and going by the MOM awards so did many others.

sammy was 1 of our better players on saturday and considering he wasnt entirely recovered from injury i think he did not to bad

I thought Sammy was one of our top performers as well. If we can get him fit and a proper run of games, I still have high hopes for him. I think he's suffering because expectations were so high when we signed him.

I think Swankie being so pish recently has helped him as well because it's given the boo boys a target; Samuel gets less stick in a 'at least he's not Swankie' kind of way. Even if you don't believe that theory, I think the crowd have definately been more supportive of him.

I think Swankie being so pish recently has helped him as well because it's given the boo boys a target; Samuel gets less stick in a 'at least he's not Swankie' kind of way. Even if you don't believe that theory, I think the crowd have definately been more supportive of him.

Him and Swankie though remain the only players we have that when they get the ball, I have a sense of expectation that something good might happen. Same as with Scotland as same as when watching Dobbie for Queens, although then obviously it's fearing something bad!

Id play Swankie in this game 2morrow evening..

I know I will get slaughtered for saying this, but he has to come good eventually.

Where better to do it, away from home, Boo Boys of his back and against a team that should come and have a go at us due to their record against us and their tails will still be up from saturdays great win at Thistle.

Come on Gavin, show us the form you used to terrorise us on more than one occassion.

Were running out of players, getting slated in some newspapers, the fans are restless, the players are getting tetchy, we can't score, we all think a defeat/ draw is likely and we are playing really shite... Applying some strange but known logic, I can see only one result. A Saints win....:D

Were running out of players, getting slated in some newspapers, the fans are restless, the players are getting tetchy, we can't score, we all think a defeat/ draw is likely and we are playing really shite... Applying some strange but known logic, I can see only one result. A Saints win....:D

To be fair, if we were playing fantastic football, had just gone top of the league, had won 7 in a row, the fans were ecstatic, the players jubilant and everyone calling a win, I'd've called a loss. :laugh:

after hearing some of the injuries id now go for...

Main

Irvine rusty caff bryne

doris(why not?) moon sheerin craig

barrett savo

Subs : Mclean Garts Millar Swankie Homer

going for a nervy 2-1 victory with clyde taking the lead follwed by goals from subs swankie and homer :D

after hearing some of the injuries id now go for...

Main

Irvine rusty caff bryne

doris(why not?) moon sheerin craig

barrett savo

Subs : Mclean Garts Millar Swankie Homer

going for a nervy 2-1 victory with clyde taking the lead follwed by goals from subs swankie and homer :D

Dont normaly post teams on this(leave that to del) but i would be tempted to bet that Doris is not even in the 16, and i dont think barrat/savo will be the 2 front men and i doubt that would be del's way of thinking, pretty sure it will be holmes and savo/barratt though

It would be brilliant to win this game whoever plays for Saints tonight.

They've been beaten four times at home out of thirteen but surely we can add to that four. More fire power please!

Also keeping an eye out for QOS at Dundee (c'mon the Queens) and Ross co. at home to Thistle (c'mon the Dingwall!).