...And so say all of us?

soulfulsaint

It is now an established fact that Dundee forums are so moronic that some of their more literate fans come on WAP.

So this therad is dedicated to players that unite the warring factions. They must have played for Saints and Dundee and been seen as a 'decent players' with both. So that rules out big Dyron

....I'll open with Billy Dodds.

This will be pretty one way. We generally take all their best players, whereas they pick up our diddies (Samson, McCluskey) a few years down the line.

On topic, I'll suggest John McQuillan. Rivalled only by Mark Treanor for the best right back I've seen in the blue of Saints.

This will be pretty one way. We generally take all their best players, whereas they pick up our diddies (Samson, McCluskey) a few years down the line.

On topic, I'll suggest John McQuillan. Rivalled only by Mark Treanor for the best right back I've seen in the blue of Saints.

Not true

How about Dundee born? In that case I'd go with Marc Millar - he qualifies as he has scored a winner against le Coagies from all of 30 yards with virtually the last kick of a game!

As for players from both sides, Grant McMartin - the makeweight in the Dodds deal, £100k (officially) for him, when the records should have shown £750k for Doddsy and them paying us £250k to take McMartin!!!

Or our very own Danny-boy, Daniel Griffin.

Really? In the last 20 years at least, we have been the team that has signed your players. Dodds, McMartin, McQuillan and Swankie.

You sold us your top scorer when both teams were fighting relegation!

To be fair to the Dees though, was that not in the Ron Dixon era when £500k was required just to line his pockets? Plus they were well adrift of safety were they not, or am I thinking of Raith Rovers?

To be fair to the Dees though, was that not in the Ron Dixon era when £500k was required just to line his pockets? Plus they were well adrift of safety were they not, or am I thinking of Raith Rovers?
No St Johnstone and Dundee were both relegated. 3 went down that year because of a reconstruction :roll:

NB Eyes rolled at the word 'reconstruction' not the initial quesiton!

No St Johnstone and Dundee were both relegated. 3 went down that year because of a reconstruction :roll:

NB Eyes rolled at the word 'reconstruction' not the initial quesiton!

Yeah I know 3 were relegated, Raith, Dundee and ourselves on the last day at Motherwell - however the query was that were Dundee not adrift at the time and we were closer to safety, taken to be the pre-curser to New Douglas Park April 2007 at their Lanarkshire rivals. John Inglis nearly scoring the goal to keep us up - oh what a team we had then.......

Really? In the last 20 years at least, we have been the team that has signed your players. Dodds, McMartin, McQuillan and Swankie.

You sold us your top scorer when both teams were fighting relegation!

A bit of a generalisation there radford,I give you billy dodds who had to be sold and did not want to go but the rest you mention were not that great.

How about Dundee born? In that case I'd go with Marc Millar - he qualifies as he has scored a winner against le Coagies from all of 30 yards with virtually the last kick of a game!

As for players from both sides, Grant McMartin - the makeweight in the Dodds deal, £100k (officially) for him, when the records should have shown £750k for Doddsy and them paying us £250k to take McMartin!!!

Or our very own Danny-boy, Daniel Griffin.

An old school pal of mine,played with him for the dundee catholic schoolboys many moons ago.

McCluskey is probably one of the worst players I have ever seen dirtying the dark blue of Dundee. I eventually started turning away every time the ball went near him, I'm sure it was another ex Saints diddy called Coco The Clown Kernaghan that signed him. Oh my god, it's giving me nightmares just typing this.

A bit of a generalisation there radford,I give you billy dodds who had to be sold and did not want to go but the rest you mention were not that great.

Swankie is what he is and McMartin likewise but McQuillan was a fantastic right back, who was a key part of our team that finished third in the league. I doubt you've had a right back that good since he left. Mind you, neither have we.

Another couple of names though, Colin Marshall and Willie Falconer. Oh, and Mark Robertson.

Pah, I was obviously focusing on the sh*te. We can thank you for Lambie. He did, after all, ply his trade at Saints.

Have we ever taken a good player directly from Thistle? Add Issac English to your list. One of the worst strikers I've seen for Saints. Didn't even score a goal.

Did Roddy come back from Thistle?

We didn't sell him, it was a swap deal for Harry Curran.

I should point out we actually signed Roddy from Dunfermline, not from Saints.

Yeah, yeah, I remember that. We did a deal with Dunfermline for Andy Rhodes that saw them get a rumoured fee of around £300,000 plus Roddy Grant, plus Lindsay Hamilton. Mind you, we were getting England's fourth choice goalkeeper, if you listened to Andy himself!

Harry Curran was another good player for us. How did he do with Thistle?

Never accepted by the fans. Mainly due to the fact his arrival led to Roddy's departure.

Am, I right in thinking Curran scored the first Saints' goal at McDiarmid?

Sure did and also ended Oleg Kuznetsov Rangers career about 15 mins into it if my memory serves me right. Hammer thrower harry!