#33 - 21/03/09 - Airdrie United (h)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a suggestion for three up top on Saturday, is there any chance of Del going gung ho?

Three forwards is only an attacking option if we have the ball. 4-3-3 does not allow us to retain possession for long enough to be "attacking". If Swankie and Sammy were likely to bust a gut we could play then on the flanks and play 4-5-1 but it's awfy easy to mark the 1.

Best we could hope for is 4-4-2 with Swankie given carte blanche to roam. They'll be a flat four along the back and Swankie could destroy them.

Best case scenario in my opinion:

Main

Caff Dinky Gartland

Irvine Moon Hardie Sheerin Liam

Homer Savo

McLean, Ando, Swankie, Barrett, Sammy

Think we really need to freshen things up. Would love to see Sammy get a start but hopefully will get at least 35mins! Want to see Martin come into the midfield to compliment Peanut and Mooner.

Best case scenario in my opinion:

Main

Caff Dinky Gartland

Irvine Moon Hardie Sheerin Liam

Homer Savo

McLean, Ando, Swankie, Barrett, Sammy

Think we really need to freshen things up. Would love to see Sammy get a start but hopefully will get at least 35mins! Want to see Martin come into the midfield to compliment Peanut and Mooner.

I see they're still selling cheap booze in Perth !

No he's going to see a south east London team with a history of football violence against a local team from Hartlepool who have just signed Keigan Parker on emergency loan. So given Hartlepool now have a Saints' connection that's more recent than McInnes and Jody's old muckers I hope Hartlepool pump Millwall and Noose learns his lesson. C'mon Saints

ooo er check you out :laugh:

3-1 Millwall and Keigan's getting a barrage of abuse. I might even be insensitive enough to slag him for his relationship with Jade Goody, the Bermondsey lass.

You write some good stuff, don't spoil it with bad jokes.

To be fair, I only saw him against the Scumdee, when he seemed solid enough. :neutral:

What's more concerning is losing Craig to LB again, and the fact we could not find a LB all season. :?

I wish Peaso WOULD start up front. We can't afford to have Man-Mountain up front, any more. We can't waste chances so profligately. Either of Peaso/Barrett, please, and Savo, but not Holmes.

Wasnt aware i lived in Perth but cheers for clearing that up for me!

Its all about opinion my good friend. I'm sure your opinions are just fabulous but thats mine!

They are absolutley. Pre coffee comment this morning. You're right, each to their own.

Just feel after last Tuesday Homer is a step backwards. To be honest though the forwards are a tough one bar Savo. Peaso's match fitness is questionable, Holmes I'm not sure about. Hoped after his goals he have a Roddyesque transformation. I'd go for Savo & Barrett.

I think despite Peaso's lack of games he is worth a punt in there. Even with the addition of Barrett we still look a bit stale going forward. Barrett appears to be a similar type of player to Savo, making runs into channels and moving defenders about, but Peaso is more of a ball to feet and play off him kinds guy.

He wouldn't give you 90 but he would certainly let us mix it up a wee bit. We have become totally predictable in recent months.

First game since the dees, so hopeful of a good performance, but to be honest as long as we win, i don't care!

Lots of calls for Peaso to get a look in, i tend to agree. Peaso is probably one of our most creative players. He will skin players for fun and has excellent vision. I think Del just doesnt fancy him because his work rate isn't the highest.

I would like to see him atleast given half an hour but a start wouldnt be out of the question.

Think if fit, Hardie will start.

Come on saints, lets finish the job!

you want me to come over to the west and entertain you ??:laugh:

braw ,thats nice. i still got a photo of you in the west and you were going zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz after too many drinks in the hospital suite.now that was funny.if you can top that, magic.