#34 - 04/04/09 - Partick Thistle (h)

on the up

Now this game is clearly the most important of the season so far and after the result against Airdrie how do we think the saints should line up for this game.

Personally i would like to see us attack thistle and approach the game with a real desire and passion to win the game but have a feeling del will go with a defensive midfield and hope to sneak a 1 goal victory.

How would we like to see the game being played?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same as we have went about our Business against Clyde and Airdrie. OK Thistle are in a loftier posititon but they are not that much greater a side. I believe if we approach the game with the same mentaility we will come out victorious.

I believe we want three points from this, Dunfermline I believe are the best side we have come against this season and would rather we didnt have to play them 'needing' 3 points.

main

irvine ruti caff ando

millar moon craig

sammy holmes savo

I cannot see any basis for dropping Sheerin after the Airdrie game. He played well and I think when Morris is missing, we need Sheerin in the middle of the park.

If possible I would go for the exact same team as last week, the only change being Anderson (or another LB) for Byrne if Byrne is not here.

Most important game this season i believe, hopefully Partick will bring a good away support through and we will be able to create some sort of atmosphere at McD

Saints and Partick have played each other 3 times this season, 1 win for Saints, 1 win for Partick and 1 draw. With Partick being right back in it with a win for them. We are 1 step closer to SPL if we win.

Teamwise i would go with............

Main (legend)

Irvine Ruti Caff Gartland

Swankie Miller Moon Sheerin

Sammy Savo

________________Main (legend)___________

Irvine______Rutkiewikz____Caff_______Gartland

Swankie_________Miller______Moon_____Sheerin

_____________Sammy________Savo__________

Subs: McLean, Holmes, Sammy, Ando, Hardie.

MON SAINTS!!!!!

Most important game this season i believe, hopefully Partick will bring a good away support through and we will be able to create some sort of atmosphere at McD

Saints and Partick have played each other 3 times this season, 1 win for Saints, 1 win for Partick and 1 draw. With Partick being right back in it with a win for them. We are 1 step closer to SPL if we win.

Main (legend)

Sammy Savo

MON SAINTS!!!!!

No Liam Craig and Sammy playing and on the bench?

Just wondering on what makes you want Millar to return in place of Sheerin for this game?

I like Sheerin and I feel his presence can change a game from coming off the bench, otherwise, miller can't. I want to have a go at Patrick, and I feel miller has the skill to take the ball and run at defenders. Its going to be a tough game against them.

Main (legend)

Sammy Savo

MON SAINTS!!!!!

Millar suspended

I like Sheerin and I feel his presence can change a game from coming off the bench, otherwise, millar can't. I want to have a go at Patrick, and I feel millar has the skill to take the ball and run at defenders. Its going to be a tough game against them.

Millar suspended

well if thats the case, then sheerin is back in!

If we can get Byrne signed for this match I would play the same side that played against Airdrie to be honest. If not then I'd just swap him for Ando, because I reckon we need Craig in midfield.

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Byrne/Ando

Moon Sheerin Craig

Savo Holmes Samuel

Allowing Sammy to drop off slightly and play the wings when he wants to and support the midfield.

Partick to collapse completely from the start, panic, then get three men sent off. Saints to then completely out-play them and score lots of goals.

Thought the second red card was a bit harsh to be fair to Thistle. Shame they fielded an unregistered player and got point docked too.

I'd go with the team against Airdrie injuries apart its hard not to.

Does it not mean that the game is abandoned when a team is down to 8? Or is it 7?

I thought it was 7 Dunc because I'm sure three Rangers players were sent off in an OF game once.

As SoulfulSaint hinted though if they played an unregistered player they would get points deducted, that's like a win or more. :D

Apart from the left-back slot, we have to keep the same team that started against airdrie.

Left-back should be ando, by reading the review he seemed to have a good game in the reserves last night and has played at LB before.

Hardie should also be fit for this game as he came through 90 mins last night, that gives us an option on the bench if things aren't going as planned!!!

main

irvine rusty caff craig/ando/loan

swankie moon sheerin craig/sammy

peaso savo/sammy

if we have craig at left back then 442 if we have ando or loan then 433 with moon sheerin craig and peaso savo and sammy upfront with sammy dropping short on the left

dont need to win it but it would obviously be better if we did

if sammy plays we win, simple

a lot will depend on what dundee do at Dingwall and Dunfermline, if they fail to win both games then a draw would suit us but a win would virtually seal it.

because of the thistle dundee result it gives us a wee bit freedom so it wouldnt be a disastor if we didnt win it, drawing wouldnt be the end of the world and i feel partick have to win this otherwise i think they are relying on us fecking up big time

a win would be a massive result and go a long way towards the title but should we draw then as i said it wouldnt be that bad

because of the thistle dundee result it gives us a wee bit freedom so it wouldnt be a disastor if we didnt win it, drawing wouldnt be the end of the world and i feel partick have to win this otherwise i think they are relying on us fecking up big time

a win would be a massive result and go a long way towards the title but should we draw then as i said it wouldnt be that bad

I know what you are saying but I just have a feeling that the two games against Pars will be tricky. They have easily been the best team to McDiarmid this season and I would probably go as far as saying (cup runs excluded) the best in maybe 5 years. I think for example if we were to draw against thistle and dundee win their next two games its beginning to look sticky. Its all ifs and buts though....