#34 - 04/04/09 - Partick Thistle (h)

on the up

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why so many people are calling it a poor game, I thought it was pretty entertaining, mostly down to the fact that for a change a team came to McDiarmid to have a go at us.

You kidding on mate?! It was rank! Like pub football in the 1st half. Pitch and conditions didn't help but there was very little football played.

Whilst the subs didn't work out,i can't believe that the real cause of the goal has been ignored by everyone.Whether it was tiredness or lack of concentration,Mooner was at fault for not attacking the ball,and waited on it coming to him,so an individuals error on the pitch resulted in the goal.Is Mooner exempt from criticism, whilst all others are castigated at the drop of a hat?

The reason I said it was because of the subs was from what I saw.It was clear Harkins was coming onto a game in the second half and was being brought into it much more.

If the sub had to be made I would have put Anderson at left back (where there had been little threat) and reshuffle further up the park. The right of the defence had been solid and between irvine and rusty everything had been cleared up throught the game. When ando came on you could see it was hard for him to pick up to the pace of the game at that stage.

Not at all Mr Dennistoun, that and the Airdrie game ( just loses out because it was less competitive) have been the best two league games at McDiarmid this year. If you thought that was dross I take it you missed the Ross County game?

No, I wasn't up for that one but I can only sympathise if that was worse! Only make it up from London once a month or so. Must just have been lucky on the other occasions!