#35 - 07/04/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (h)

We are in cruise control as far as promotion is concerned and giving after this game we only have 5 league games left.....so being 6 points clear wouldnt be the worst

:)

we are hardly cruising along to the title, more like doing it the hard way

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First pressure game all year. A defeat would be a disaster.

I don't quite understand your train of thought.Every game after the 3 nil humping from the Pars was a pressure game as far as i'm concerned,thankfully by Dingwall we got things going.A defeat would be disappointing but not a disaster, still 3 clear and some goal difference better.You're on record as saying yesterday was a "good" result,because you want to win the league at Dens, i can't get my head round that!I want to win the league ,couldn't give a flying f~~~ where, personnally i think you're at the mind games and trying to put unnecessary pressure on Del and ultimately the players.

You're on record as saying yesterday was a "good" result,because you want to win the league at Dens, i can't get my head round that!I want to win the league ,couldn't give a flying f~~~ where, personnally i think you're at the mind games and trying to put unnecessary pressure on Del and ultimately the players.

Aye, it's all a big conspiracy:roll:

The statement about being a good result was slightly tongue in cheek, but I desperately wanna win at Dens. No point having 4 friendlies, none of the kids are ready yet.

I've explained why I think it's a must win further up the thread and I would add that we haven't lost a home league game since August so Tuesday would be a disasterous time to blow that run.

If you think I can put pressure on Del you're completely wrong and if you think I'm conspiring against Saints then you're simply crazy.

The pars' season is over. They will be playing for pride and contracts. They may come to Perth with no collective pressure on them, but enough to play for personally to do a job and get a result. OR, they could have one eye on next season, and go throughthe rest of the year trying not to get injured or booked in "meaningless" games and lie down at the first sign of pressure/commitment.

Wishful thinking my friend.

First pressure game all year. A defeat would be a disaster.

Although I would not relish another draw that would not be a disaster. We would then be four ahead with a vastly better goal difference. Look at every other division in UK professional football and only a very small number of clubs are in a better position relative to Saints. There will be frazzled nerves yet before Sheerin brushes the pretenders aside to win us the league.

I've seen the goal in a premonition and trust me it's one to savour..

We also have to remember that in their last two games dunfermline have scored in the dying minutes and salvaged a point in each. As well as our lack of consentration at the end of the Partick game this worries me.

Though we will be more than safe of that if we manage to get a couple of goals early on, which we're more than capable of.

We also have to remember that in their last two games dunfermline have scored in the dying minutes and salvaged a point in each. As well as our lack of consentration at the end of the Partick game this worries me.

Though we will be more than safe of that if we manage to get a couple of goals early on, which we're more than capable of.

Proves that Dunfermline have been losing in games against team that many thought they would easily beat when they came into the league. But concetration is everything. If we had not lost last gasp goal at Airdrie and at home to Thistle we would be champions.

But then again Dundee would be challengers as they have lost more late goals than most. Losing late goals is a problem throughout the league.

Looking forward to this one, a wee bit nervous about it but think we should get the job done. I think we need to play Kinniburgh at left back, ok so it's a big game but every game left this season is a big game! It's clear Craig isn't good enough to play left back, so why bring in a natural left back in on loan if we're not gonna play him? I'm sure he can handle the pressure of Dunfermline in front of a home crowd...

Bit undecided if we do play Moon and MMM in the centre then do we play Sheerin or Craig on the left?

And please let Sheerin and Hardie take the corners and free kicks, Craig seems to always take them and I can't remember the last time I saw him deliver a good free kick.

I know Holmes had an ok game on Saturday, he did a decent job at being the target man but ffs he's a striker...would like to see him actually trouble the opposition goalkeeper once in a while apart from the odd header from a corner or...nah hold on he's not quick enough to get into the box in time for a cross.

Sammy is decent in the air, he has a good leap and has the control to bring the ball down to feet and lay it off to someone else, not to mention he actually troubles defences with his pace and tests the opposition goalie. So if we were to go with Sammy and Savo up front, we need to bring in someone to play on the right of midfield, we have Swankie or Millar...bit of a tough one for me, ok Swankie doesn't work as hard as Millar but Swankie's delivery of the ball is far better than Millar's.

So...

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Kinniburgh

Millar/Swankie Moon Hardie Craig/Sheerin

Savo Samuel

Airdire's left side "threat" allowed Mooner to suit himself without punishment whereas Harkins was made to look good by Kevin Moon's indiscipline or lack of instruction.

Yesterday saw, Sammy was moved forward, back, right then forward again. Del's gotta stop tinkering.

I never thought harkins did much at all in the first half and only came onto a game in the second part of the second half when moon was back in the middle.

Looking forward to this one, a wee bit nervous about it but think we should get the job done. I think we need to play Kinniburgh at left back, ok so it's a big game but every game left this season is a big game! It's clear Craig isn't good enough to play left back, so why bring in a natural left back in on loan if we're not gonna play him? I'm sure he can handle the pressure of Dunfermline in front of a home crowd...

So...

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Kinniburgh

Millar/Swankie Moon Hardie Craig/Sheerin

Savo Samuel

The Rangers website and the QOS coaching staff claim that Steven Kinniburgh is more naturally a left-sided midfielder not a left back. Confused? So am I.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a must win game and now as we are without Savo the pressure is on. I expect the players to step up to the plate and show us exactly what they are made of. No fucking about. A clinical display is need. good leadership both on the field and off it. Lets get some noise coming from the stands and lets get right behind the guys from kick-off. Fuck the nerves, fuck the Pars and fuck anyone who tries to get in our way. This is our time and we need to grab it with both hands. Lets not leave it till the last game of the season as I don't think my poor ticker could take it.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I would be worried about losing Savo for this game but he has been carrying an injury most of the season & he is not playing too well alough he did score on Saturday.

The lack of pace from him & Homer is unbelievable so Sammy up front may be the answer.