#35 - 07/04/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (h)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just genuinely wondering why so many people are selecting Swankie(not just last two posters) when we have a midfield of Millar, Samuel, Moon, Hardie, Sheerin, Craig all fit.

I personally dont think he has done anything more than any single one of these players to merit starting in such an important game. But was just wondering why others thought he deserved the nod ahead of these guys.

I'd be tempted to go with:

Main

Irvine Ruti Caff Ando Craig

Moon Hardie Sheerin

Samuel Holmes

With Irvine and Craig getting forward as mush as possible.

However, I am not the manager and have complete faith in Del. He has got us to the top of the league and managed to keep us there. I will be there with my son shouting encouragement at all of the players in the hope of gaining a vital 3 points.

Just genuinely wondering why so many people are selecting Swankie(not just last two posters) when we have a midfield of Millar, Samuel, Moon, Hardie, Sheerin, Craig all fit.

I personally dont think he has done anything more than any single one of these players to merit starting in such an important game. But was just wondering why others thought he deserved the nod ahead of these guys.

at the same time you could also ask what has millar, hardie and craig done to deserve a start in the midfield

swankie will give us width if we put sammy upfront, only others that do that are craig and sheerin but sheerin is in the middle so for me swankie and craig on the wings. with the pars being poor for quite a while i think we should go for it, i am confident of the win so long as their is movement and passing throughout the team and i hope irvine is given a licence to bomb forward all the time

main

irvine rusty caff kinniburgh

swankie moon sheerin craig

sammy doris

OK tonight is a chance to get another finger on the trophy. But with Savo, Jacko and Peaso out we really need a few people to step up to the plate and get us some goals. It obviously looks like Barrat will start, here is my team selection:

-----------Main--------

-Irvine--Ruti-Caff--Kinni-

----------Millar---------

-Samuel--Hardie--Craig--

----Holmes--Barratt-----

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Moon, Swankie, Reynolds ( mad i know but i think we need a natural striker on the bench)

I know a lot of you dont want to risk playing Kinniburgh but i feel we need to risk it to get Craig in the middle so we get more attacking threat, with Sammy moving to support and craig behind hopefully they can help out Homer and make up for his lack of mobility. As a few said i think with missing the bulk of our strike force we need the old MMM to come in and help out with the attack as he used to, so fingers crossed the team will pull together and attack as a unit! However i see this being a 0-0 draw, but i hope im wrong. C'Mon Saints!!!!!!!!

OK tonight is a chance to get another finger on the trophy. But with Savo, Jacko and Peaso out we really need a few people to step up to the plate and get us some goals. It obviously looks like Barrat will start, here is my team selection:

-----------Main--------

-Irvine--Ruti-Caff--Kinni-

----------Millar---------

-Samuel--Hardie--Craig--

----Holmes--Barratt-----

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Moon, Swankie, Reynolds ( mad i know but i think we need a natural striker on the bench)

I know a lot of you dont want to risk playing Kinniburgh but i feel we need to risk it to get Craig in the middle so we get more attacking threat, with Sammy moving to support and craig behind hopefully they can help out Homer and make up for his lack of mobility. As a few said i think with missing the bulk of our strike force we need the old MMM to come in and help out with the attack as he used to, so fingers crossed the team will pull together and attack as a unit! However i see this being a 0-0 draw, but i hope im wrong. C'Mon Saints!!!!!!!!

No Sheerin, yer daft !

But if the Pars are so poor then surely we dont need to go all out attack to beat them amd certainly cant afford passengers.

well if they are that poor we should nail them asap and not take easy in anyway so they cant get a sniff of a result here

we need to go at them right from the start and get a nice early goal 2 massive games this week cant slip up now!! i think we will win but its gona be a squeeky bum game!! come on saints 3points tonight and we can start to organise the party at dens!!!!