Dundee - 25th April

st Tommy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance of us getting seated together by the club? would we have to be a recognised supporters club for that to happen?

no problem sitting together if its not made all ticket. If it is made all ticket i'll call the saints ticket office and see what they say

any chance of us getting seated together by the club? would we have to be a recognised supporters club for that to happen?

Spoke to the siants ticket office this morning and they understand at the moment that its just going to be cash at the gate and that Dundee will give us "most of the ground". Certainly enough for 5000. Therefore we should be able to sit together. Definately get there early if thats the case!

I did ask that if it was to go to all ticket what the chances of us all sitting together were and she said that they wouldnt know until they found out the ticket allocation.

Heres hoping for cash at the gate

Right then, we have 33 folk confirmed for the bus (me, tractor boy, tractor boy senior, Davie (+1), Crieffsaintandy (+4), Nelly (+4), Geoff was right (+3), Ryan (+2), Nold, Marc, Kenny, Ormond boy, Roy, st Jason, saintDougie, McMerrySaint (+1) and Thomas (+1)). Off the 33 i think we have 3 kids (2 from crieffsaint andy and 1 from McMerry saint - is this right??). The plan is to charge the kids £5 each for the bus which means the adults (and big kids) will need to pay £10.33 to cover the costs. Since i wont be carrying a bag of 2p coins can i suggest rounding this up to £10.50 and either putting the change towards "refreshments" or just give the driver a wee tip to get us out of Dundee in one piece after we have (hopefully) won the league with celebratory drinks on board? Whats the thoughts on this?

At the moment we have 2 reserves incase of any dropouts (a tractorboy +1 and a davie +1). If we were to find another 12-14 reserves it would be worth while getting an additional 16 seater bus. This would obviously change the costs but may be something to consider. Would need to find out about this soon though.

The plan is to leave York Place (outside Connan Doyle pub) at 10.30am sharp. This means we can get to the Village Inn at Bridge of Earn for 11.30 and have an hour and a half there before heading onto Dundee. Hopefully get to Dense for 2 ish to give everyone plenty of time to get in the stadium. As i mentioned above the pub is kid friendly and has a pool table, tvs etc and putting on a free spread of food for us.

After the match its straight back to Edinburgh (Mathers) via a drop off at Boxden.

Mon the saints!!

Right then, we have 33 folk confirmed for the bus (me, tractor boy, tractor boy senior, Davie (+1), Crieffsaintandy (+4), Nelly (+4), Geoff was right (+3), Ryan (+2), Nold, Marc, Kenny, Ormond boy, Roy, st Jason, saintDougie, McMerrySaint (+1) and Thomas (+1)). Off the 33 i think we have 3 kids (2 from crieffsaint andy and 1 from McMerry saint - is this right??). The plan is to charge the kids £5 each for the bus which means the adults (and big kids) will need to pay £10.33 to cover the costs. Since i wont be carrying a bag of 2p coins can i suggest rounding this up to £10.50 and either putting the change towards "refreshments" or just give the driver a wee tip to get us out of Dundee in one piece after we have (hopefully) won the league with celebratory drinks on board? Whats the thoughts on this?

At the moment we have 2 reserves incase of any dropouts (a tractorboy +1 and a davie +1). If we were to find another 12-14 reserves it would be worth while getting an additional 16 seater bus. This would obviously change the costs but may be something to consider. Would need to find out about this soon though.

The plan is to leave York Place (outside Connan Doyle pub) at 10.30am sharp. This means we can get to the Village Inn at Bridge of Earn for 11.30 and have an hour and a half there before heading onto Dundee. Hopefully get to Dense for 2 ish to give everyone plenty of time to get in the stadium. As i mentioned above the pub is kid friendly and has a pool table, tvs etc and putting on a free spread of food for us.

After the match its straight back to Edinburgh (Mathers) via a drop off at Boxden.

Mon the saints!!

If there are any other drop outs I can still fill a seat with a +1 if need be

Anyone ken if the coach we've got has a pisser on board? I piss like a race horse when i'm drinking!:?

spoke to the bus company tonight and there is no toilet on the 33 seater. Looks like empty coke bottles then! :laugh:

However, they were saying that they have 4 jobs for the 33 seaters booked for the 25th but only 2 x 33 seater buses. Therefore 2 groups will get a 49 seater instead, which does have a toilet on board.

I asked if we could get a 49 seater (for the same price) and will know on Thurs evening. Basically it all depends on which 2 trips are most economic with the fuel. Obviously if we get the bigger bus there is a chance for us to take more folk so will keep you posted. If this happens we have tractor boy, davie and dougie already in the queue for an extra seat each.

They also said on the phone that there was strictly no drinking (i didnt ask) on the way into Dundee as the police search all the buses (often when we get off). Shouldnt be a problem if you want to drink to BoE or on the way back (I asked about that!) provided we put the booze in the hold on the way into Dundee. The driver might say different right enough. cunningly disguised rum in bottles of coke anyone :wink:

Is there anywhere open for a quick one before we head off or is that being greedy :laugh:

you could try ask Mathers to open at 10 or there is always a couple of bars near by that open early doors - penny black and the likes! So much for you taking it easy with the drinking! :laugh:

Just had a thought Tommy - that whole side of York Place is totally dug up at the moment, there's no way a bus could pick up there.

never thought of that. i have to speak to them tomorrow anyway so ill mention it. might just go for the bus stop outside Mathers instead