Dundee - 25th April

st Tommy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a thought Tommy - that whole side of York Place is totally dug up at the moment, there's no way a bus could pick up there.

I can confirm that the new pick up spot will be on Broughton Street, outside Mathers. Still leaving at 10.30am

They're yet to confirm the size of bus but ill update you as soon as i know.

havr you thought about going straight to Dundee before the game? I can offer the use of Downfield social Club, which can take a few coaches. Beer is just over £2 a pint and it has pool tables and a snooker table.

You could also use the lounge if there was enough of you and use the cd player to start a party

havr you thought about going straight to Dundee before the game? I can offer the use of Downfield social Club, which can take a few coaches. Beer is just over £2 a pint and it has pool tables and a snooker table.

You could also use the lounge if there was enough of you and use the cd player to start a party

Good suggestion although it would be a bit unfair on the village Inn, in Bridge of Earn if we were to turn round and cancel at this point. They'll be expecting an nice wee cash injection from the 30 odd of us turing up for an hour and a half. Plus theres free scran:razz:

Thanks for the offer mate, but we have somewhere booked for this time round. Some folk will struggle to make it to Dundee without a beer (no names!) for this match hence the half way house at Bridge of Earn. Maybe consider it for next season though when we come back to play United?! :laugh:

Hi there. I seem to be a little late, but if there were any spare seats on the bus to Dundee next Saturday could I put my name down please. I'll check back through the week to see what size of bus you end up with. Cheers.

Should hopefully find out over the weekend what size bus we're getting. Hoping for the larger one (especially since there is a toilet on board!) and if this is the case then theres no problem. However, if it remains the 33 seater then im afraid your 4th reserve!

Thanks for the offer mate, but we have somewhere booked for this time round. Some folk will struggle to make it to Dundee without a beer (no names!) for this match hence the half way house at Bridge of Earn. Maybe consider it for next season though when we come back to play United?! :laugh:

At least I have a clear conscience and know that it's not me that you're talking about :laugh:

What the feck happens now with it being all ticket?

Dinnae panic! It'll be fine, you should get a ticket and im sure if we sell the allocation then they'll give us some more! maybe!

Mary is heading up to McD first thing tomorrow to pick up a few tickets. what i have suggested is that she tell them while she is there that we have 33 booked on a bus and see whether they can block off 33 seats for us. since there is no way that Mary can pay for all of them, maybe we ask whether we be given until wednesday for the edinburgh saints to phone in and pay and those tickets that arent sold just go on general sale on the Thurs. Especially as picking them up from McD isnt really an option for most folk. Not sure if this will work or not but worth a try!

I cant call the club tomorrow as im back at work, plus it will take a couple of hours to get through. PM me your mob Craig and ill drop you a text/ call when i hear tomorrow what they say.

Dinnae panic! It'll be fine, you should get a ticket and im sure if we sell the allocation then they'll give us some more! maybe!

Mary is heading up to McD first thing tomorrow to pick up a few tickets. what i have suggested is that she tell them while she is there that we have 33 booked on a bus and see whether they can block off 33 seats for us. since there is no way that Mary can pay for all of them, maybe we ask whether we be given until wednesday for the edinburgh saints to phone in and pay and those tickets that arent sold just go on general sale on the Thurs. Especially as picking them up from McD isnt really an option for most folk. Not sure if this will work or not but worth a try!

I cant call the club tomorrow as im back at work, plus it will take a couple of hours to get through. PM me your mob Craig and ill drop you a text/ call when i hear tomorrow what they say.

Cheers Tommy, i'll PM my mobile number in a min. I'm in Perth on Wednesday, just letting you know in case we need someone to go to the ticket office.

For those getting tickets on the phone or in person, if you mention that you're on the Edinburgh bus, they will do their best to seat us all together but there are no promises!

Thanks, just phoned and my tickets are being sent out to me K24/25, which is apparently where they are saving a block for us. I also have a second season ticket and am able to get another two tickets for the game if anyone is having problems. First to PM me will secure them.

Andy

Thanks, just phoned and my tickets are being sent out to me K24/25, which is apparently where they are saving a block for us. I also have a second season ticket and am able to get another two tickets for the game if anyone is having problems. First to PM me will secure them.

Andy

Probably best to get the tickets mate, you'll have no problems shifting them to someone on the bus!

Apparently they have reserved 33 seats for us, 12 of which are away already (im assuming saint o leith x6, tractor boy x4 and mcmerry saint x2). Geoff was right was saying that as long as your booked on the bus, they werent too worried about the season ticket issue.

Right then, we have 33 folk confirmed for the bus (me, tractor boy, tractor boy senior, Davie (+1), Crieffsaintandy (+4), Nelly (+4), Geoff was right (+3), Ryan (+2), Nold, Marc, Kenny, Ormond boy, Roy, st Jason, saintDougie, McMerrySaint (+1) and Thomas (+1)). Off the 33 i think we have 3 kids (2 from crieffsaint andy and 1 from McMerry saint - is this right??). The plan is to charge the kids £5 each for the bus which means the adults (and big kids) will need to pay £10.33 to cover the costs. Since i wont be carrying a bag of 2p coins can i suggest rounding this up to £10.50 and either putting the change towards "refreshments" or just give the driver a wee tip to get us out of Dundee in one piece after we have (hopefully) won the league with celebratory drinks on board? Whats the thoughts on this?

At the moment we have 2 reserves incase of any dropouts (a tractorboy +1 and a davie +1). If we were to find another 12-14 reserves it would be worth while getting an additional 16 seater bus. This would obviously change the costs but may be something to consider. Would need to find out about this soon though.

The plan is to leave York Place (outside Connan Doyle pub) at 10.30am sharp. This means we can get to the Village Inn at Bridge of Earn for 11.30 and have an hour and a half there before heading onto Dundee. Hopefully get to Dense for 2 ish to give everyone plenty of time to get in the stadium. As i mentioned above the pub is kid friendly and has a pool table, tvs etc and putting on a free spread of food for us.

After the match its straight back to Edinburgh (Mathers) via a drop off at Boxden.

Mon the saints!!

It is now just me coming on the bus mysef. There is no plus one with me now.

#SO ONE SPARE SEAT NOW AVAILABLE#