#36 - 11/04/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (a)

MUZZ

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0 snorefest. That said, tonight's result was not really that surprising. They have good away form, we have good home form. They canceled out. At EEP, however, they have shite form, so we should be looking and expecting to win this game.

what was thbe good forum on show to-night,or did i miss something

That's the point - we canceled each other out, and the result was 90 minutes of torture.

nobody cancelled nothing out. it was 2 poor clueless teams who had no creative spark.

i reckon Dunfermline will beat us on saturday convincingly.

panic in the streets of Perth ....

Is it just me that thinks any nerves aren't coming from the players but from the dugout? I've no real issues about a playing staff with Rutkiewicz, Sheerin, Hardie etc... handling the pressure. Not sure the same is true of the manager. He's hardly covered himself in glory this week.

Is it just me that thinks any nerves aren't coming from the players but from the dugout? I've no real issues about a playing staff with Rutkiewicz, Sheerin, Hardie etc... handling the pressure. Not sure the same is true of the manager. He's hardly covered himself in glory this week.

Thought subs were wrong on saturday,but what was wrong with tonight Radford?I would've started with Miller Moon Hardie and Sheerin in middle,Sammy up top with A N Other,you?

Thought subs were wrong on saturday,but what was wrong with tonight Radford?I would've started with Miller Moon Hardie and Sheerin in middle,Sammy up top with A N Other,you?

I'd have started with a conventional 4-4-2, which is the main thing. I don't like this 4-3-3 we try to play. I said pre-match, thinking Savo was injured, I'd have gone with Sammy and Barrett up top. Not a fan of Barrett but it at least means when we play the ball on the deck (as we did first half) we have some decent movement and options up front, Holmes doesn't provide that.

Would've been content to see several combinations in midfield, as long as it was just a basic four man midfield.

I thought McInnes' pre-match comments on Saturday showed a man feeling under pressure and, as said, his subs were poor.

I thought McInnes' pre-match comments on Saturday showed a man feeling under pressure and, as said, his subs were poor.

Don't think its just Del under pressure. The nerves are showing with the players as well - if we're not leading after an hour of the game we resort to high balls and more desperate tactics. Players seem to be on a short fuse with one another as well (Ruti and Irvine on Sat, Savo and Millar tonight).

Mind you the nerves in the stands aren't helping either.:laugh: