#36 - 11/04/09 - Dunfermline Athletic (a)

MUZZ

I'd have started with a conventional 4-4-2, which is the main thing. I don't like this 4-3-3 we try to play. I said pre-match, thinking Savo was injured, I'd have gone with Sammy and Barrett up top. Not a fan of Barrett but it at least means when we play the ball on the deck (as we did first half) we have some decent movement and options up front, Holmes doesn't provide that.

Would've been content to see several combinations in midfield, as long as it was just a basic four man midfield.

I thought McInnes' pre-match comments on Saturday showed a man feeling under pressure and, as said, his subs were poor.

Agree with the 4-4-2 statement and would go with Sammy up front,more power and pace than anyone else.Thought Homer should've got on Savo's chip to the back post,but shat it for fear of hitting post.Millar's cross was begging to be put away,again thought Homer was on his heels.Performance was much improved imho,regarding home games anyway.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought subs were wrong on saturday,but what was wrong with tonight Radford?I would've started with Miller Moon Hardie and Sheerin in middle,Sammy up top with A N Other,you?

Have I got the wrong end of the stick Dave - are you suggesting Rads should have been up front with Samuel? Worth a try every other combination has been a disapointment.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick Dave - are you suggesting Rads should have been up front with Samuel? Worth a try every other combination has been a disapointment.

You're overlooking my comma Soulful,but to be honest,he might be more a threat than Homer was tonight!

You're overlooking my comma Soulful,but to be honest,he might be more a threat than Homer was tonight!

We could argue punctuation all night but suspect it would be a goalless draw Dave.

I think we will have a breakthough moment at East End Park, again. Remember how catalytic that goal from Liam was. We can't seem to do the ordinary just now and maybe we won't until someone does something extraordinary. On Dunfermline's home form I'll go with a narrow win, won by a spactacular. Not sure who by tho.

I think we will have a breakthough moment at East End Park, again.

Yes a win at Dunfermline makes sense especially since their home record is poorer than their away record. After that just four games left and we've seen Partik and Dundee and so know they're not better than us. We just have to put the points on the board by scoring goals.

Yes a win at Dunfermline makes sense especially since their home record is poorer than their away record. After that just four games left and we've seen Partik and Dundee and so know they're not better than us. We just have to put the points on the board by scoring goals.

Hmm,goals!

Is it just me that thinks any nerves aren't coming from the players but from the dugout? I've no real issues about a playing staff with Rutkiewicz, Sheerin, Hardie etc... handling the pressure. Not sure the same is true of the manager. He's hardly covered himself in glory this week.

talked a good game on the box today

He's got a form of Schizophrenia; he says all the right things, but does all the wrong things:evil:

Neither are any better than us or vice versa and now the pressure will show on Partick as one slip could be a problem. If we can win two games out of these 5 remaining ,draw 2 and lose 1 then Thistle would need to win 4 and draw as they'd need 13 from 15 due to our GD. A win on Saturday would be a major achievment and pile the pressure on them even more.

We need the two wins though !

Dunf away, 1pt, QoS home, 3pts, Dundee away, 0pts, Morton home 1pt, Airdrie away, 3pts. That would do it. :wink:

Homer must be dropped................surely?

He actually won quite a few balls in the air last night but Savo doesn't do him any favours with his terrible runs. The problem is on the ground he has the turning circle of a double decker bus, as we seen on a couple of occasions last night with good low balls into the box that he couldn't adjust for.

Have to feckin win or we will be off the top of the league before we get a chance to play QoS. Always suspected we would only take 4 points from this double header and would have wanted 3 last night.

We must make as much as noise as humanly possible on saturday get behind the team from the off......

Homer must be dropped................surely?

Ok dont get to many games.But to say hommer is not good enough is a strange one i thought(and still think) his combi with an other is the only option for the rest of the games.Could not beleive del took him off last night,what then happend?headless chickens comes to mind.We need to work on set plays.And holmes and just maybe james will get us goals with sammy in the lone 1 up front.

Neither are any better than us or vice versa and now the pressure will show on Partick as one slip could be a problem. If we can win two games out of these 5 remaining ,draw 2 and lose 1 then Thistle would need to win 4 and draw as they'd need 13 from 15 due to our GD. A win on Saturday would be a major achievment and pile the pressure on them even more.

We need the two wins though !

Dunf away, 1pt, QoS home, 3pts, Dundee away, 0pts, Morton home 1pt, Airdrie away, 3pts. That would do it. :wink:

You are joking, going to Airdrie needing 3 points on the last game of the season when they could potentially be involved in a releagtion dogfight? Hamilton not enough heartache for you? 3 points at home to Morton is an absolute must.........

We could argue punctuation all night but suspect it would be a goalless draw Dave.

I think we will have a breakthough moment at East End Park, again. Remember how catalytic that goal from Liam was. We can't seem to do the ordinary just now and maybe we won't until someone does something extraordinary. On Dunfermline's home form I'll go with a narrow win, won by a spactacular. Not sure who by tho.

mybey sheerin could help their.

For all we're told, and it's good, that we have a strong squad, with 18, 19, 20 players all expecting to play, it's a concern that we're 31 league games into a season and can anyone really say what our strongest XI is? As much as a good squad is key, consistency is also vital to success and in a way, teams like Thistle with only 14 or 15 fit players to choose from are better off than us.

I couldn't come close to guessing what our midfield will be on Saturday and the same applies in any attempt to name our strongest four. None of the strikers have made themselves undroppable either.

Three of the back four (assuming Caff is fit) are set in stone, so really no surprise that the strongest part of our side is our defence.

For all I'll say that McInnes has to get it right, I'm not that's going to be a particularly easy thing to do.

Really hoping Peaso is fit as we need to give him his chance.

I wouldn't mind drawing as it seems that we are going to try sneaking this league, however Dunfermline were truely dreadful and we never really got at them, letting them gain in confidence... poor poor stuff. I'm sure someone on here will blame McInnes as per usual, however I noticed he was throwing his arms forward to get the midfield to get up the park, but rarely was anyone actually trying to move foward with any conviction... not good enough Saints!

I wouldn't mind drawing as it seems that we are going to try sneaking this league, however Dunfermline were truely dreadful and we never really got at them, letting them gain in confidence... poor poor stuff. I'm sure someone on here will blame McInnes as per usual, however I noticed he was throwing his arms forward to get the midfield to get up the park, but rarely was anyone actually trying to move foward with any conviction... not good enough Saints!

Cool, at least he waved his arms about! Far better that than an attacking substitution

I've always thought that tactically McInnes is better than Coyle, but I've had to rethink that recently. He doesn't seem to have many answers on how to break teams down and change things about. Cheesy as it sounds, I think he's got so used to be scared to lose he's forgot how to win a game.

Dunfermline were there for the taking, why wasn't Swankie on sooner, at least ahead of uber-diddy Barrett? We weren't even properly going at them, it seems he thought a draw wouldn't be so bad which isn't good enough when you are playing such a poor team.