Livi, It gets better or worse?!?

St Mikey

. I have to be honest and say I am unaware as to why Stirling and Stranraer find themselves in such difficulties.

I may be making this up but i believe both, but Stranraer especially suffered quite badly from their stay in the 1st division. All the costs increase but their income didn't, not to the extent it would have needed to.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDougal is another shrewd business man, much like Geoff Brown. He bought Cowdenbeath when they were on the brink of liquidation and sold them off and made alot of money for them, however he is also very passionate about the football side of things.

Atleast if this goes ahead Livvy fans will have a team to follow, and will be run correctly.....unfortunately is sounds like Massone and his people are pricing him out of the takeover though.

McDougal is another shrewd business man, much like Geoff Brown. He bought Cowdenbeath when they were on the brink of liquidation and sold them off and made alot of money for them, however he is also very passionate about the football side of things.

Atleast if this goes ahead Livvy fans will have a team to follow, and will be run correctly.....unfortunately is sounds like Massone and his people are pricing him out of the takeover though.

I was at the Cowdenbeath vs. Arbroath game last year when Cowden got relegated and their fans didn't have a good word to say about him, although that seemed to have more to do with his choice of Brian Welsh as manager rather than any complaints about how he ran the club. I'm never sure what motivates guys like McDougall who move from club to club, I can't ever imagine investing in anyone other than Saints if I ever had the money to do so.

I was at the Cowdenbeath vs. Arbroath game last year when Cowden got relegated and their fans didn't have a good word to say about him, although that seemed to have more to do with his choice of Brian Welsh as manager rather than any complaints about how he ran the club. I'm never sure what motivates guys like McDougall who move from club to club, I can't ever imagine investing in anyone other than Saints if I ever had the money to do so.

Yeah the last two years relationships have went a bit sour between him and the fans. Welsh is McDougall's son-in-law and he was appointed manager on a 3 year contract on a good wage - obviously that wouldn't have been the case if Welsh wasn't family - in the end Welsh was a shit manager, and replaced by Danny Lennon, which sparked many arguments within the football club and amongst fans.

McDougall sold the club to housing developers who seem to have no interest in the club and want to sell the land Central Park stands on (£££££) and run. Therefore the future of Cowdenbeath FC is looking very bleak, and although McDougall was paramount to the re-building of Cowdenbeath FC the fans believe he has been integral to the rapid downfall of the club.

As an outsider I don't believe the club would have been sold to who they have been, if it hadn't been for the fans bad-mouthing McDougall over the preferential treatment Welsh was undeservedly given, it seems he felt his years of hard work had been forgotten about and wanted shot of the club.

Looking back on this, I would like to take back my comparison between Brown and McDougall, while I still believe McDougall to have the business sense required to run a football club well, Geoff Brown will never screw us over like McDougall seems to have done to Cowden.

When he logs on half pissed

All his posts can't be missed

That'ssssss Massone'

When he drives in his car

He won't get very far

That's Massone'

The Massone song, to the tune of Dean Martin's Amore

• 2 weeks later...

There was supposed to be some big announcement today. Suppose I better go have a gander on Livilions..More to follow.:laugh:

Seemingly the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is not being announced till this evening. This may be so as the Daily Ranger can't get the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT in tomorrows early edition BIG ANNOUNCEMENT section..I cannae fecking wait for this one.. Anyone want to hazzard a guess what it might be>

I'll go for...

My money's on Angelo Massone as the new Livi manager ( for the benefit of anybody from the PA looking in ..I'm only joking )..

I mean it makes real sense. It's a cheap option and he will agree with himself on most points. Although if it does goes wrong he may have to suspend himself and then refuse himself entry to the ground

I'll say that this guy will save them.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8102282.stm :cool:

cant see him saving livvy -unless their ground can produce award winning carrots !!

Personally think the "lottery" guy will need to move -going public in the Manchester area with that amount of dough will lead to a lot of grief and demands.