#39 - 02/05/09 - Greenock Morton (h)

Soulful, would you play Sheerin in the centre or on the left?

center-left. in a seven man midfield. with no strikers. in many games this season we have played with none.

So for me its the 3-7-0 format much loved by deranged coaches.

Millar/hardie/moon/morris/sheerin/craig

Main would be in his usual role as a an overlapping goalie.

center-left. in a seven man midfield. with no strikers. in many games this season we have played with none.

So for me its the 3-7-0 format much loved by deranged coaches.

Millar/hardie/moon/morris/sheerin/craig

Main would be in his usual role as a an overlapping goalie.

I make that only 6 Soulful! Get that nautical muff out of you eyes and tell us who your 7th midfielder would be!

not really on topic but was at fat sams last night, ricky harrison is the dj on wednesday and hes a dundee fan, i wrote down dundee 0-1 saints on the song request sheet..

ricky picks up the bit of paper obviously thinking 'ok i'll play that song.. ye that songs fine...WHAT!' looked up to see me and my mate with arms in the air laughing - he took it well, good banter.

back on topic now i think we really need to be patient with the lads on saturday, would have said the same last week but we scored after 3 mins

This is a tough one with regards to who we play in midfield. After saturdays display it would be unfair to drop either moon or hardie, but in my opinion morris is currently the best all round midfield player weve got.

That said, id start with the same 11 as last saturday.

This is a tough one with regards to who we play in midfield. After saturdays display it would be unfair to drop either moon or hardie, but in my opinion morris is currently the best all round midfield player weve got.

That said, id start with the same 11 as last saturday.

100% agree.

Visual and audio evidence. Watch the way he approaches referees when he's all het up, some of his language leaves a lot to be desired and plenty of his tackles involve less than cute retribution. Admittedly, he is more controlled in games than at other times but I fear for him being red carded in at least every second game.

You clearly only see what you want to see. I haven't seen that at all in Jody Morris in his time with Saints. He's an aggressive type of player but I've seen nothing to back up your point at all.

Unless you have some "visual and audio evidence" to present on here?

He is an uncompromising midfielder that referees unfortunately do not know how to handle in the SFL.

I don't agree with this either. Morris has only one booking to his name this season (14 appearances). Where is the evidence that referees in the SFL don't know how to handle him?

.......plenty of his tackles involve less than cute retribution.....

Seen this, leading with his hip and then the whole body, going in hard. Often penalised for it by way of a free kick to the other team.

No view either way, really. Just agreeing with an observation by a fellow poster.

At least they know he's there :)

You clearly only see what you want to see. I haven't seen that at all in Jody Morris in his time with Saints. He's an aggressive type of player but I've seen nothing to back up your point at all.

Because you disagree with my post does not mean that I only see what I want to see. Others have raised similar points.

I recall you informing the readership that I was "warped" because I couldn't debate issues. Kindly tell me how you compare the attributes of Mr Morris and Mr Moon and demonstrate you're own debating skills.

Is it just me that is a little worried about MMM for this game? i mean i think he is a definate start anyway as we could use his height and drive in a big game like this but im a tad worried that he will get hyped up majorly for this game (as we all saw how badly he took the last day defeat). this coudl then go either way, he could get all worked up like he did at Hamilton and play a stormer or he could get angry and possibly loose it with Grady, or many of the other ex-Gretna players? I hope he plays well and we can stick it to Grady and Irons and all that mob! C'MON SAINTS!!!!!!!

Is it just me that is a little worried about MMM for this game? i mean i think he is a definate start anyway as we could use his height and drive in a big game like this but im a tad worried that he will get hyped up majorly for this game (as we all saw how badly he took the last day defeat). this coudl then go either way, he could get all worked up like he did at Hamilton and play a stormer or he could get angry and possibly loose it with Grady, or many of the other ex-Gretna players? I hope he plays well and we can stick it to Grady and Irons and all that mob! C'MON SAINTS!!!!!!!

Martin Hardie is one of the best people to have on the pitch on a day like tomorrow. Not worried one bit

You can say moon has played superb and what not but as soulful has pointed out before dels does not pick on what happened in the lat game but looks at what the opposition are going t bring. he may well go with strength and height in midfield with hardie and morris, who knows.

101 out of interest do you keep a database of things people have previously said? your tightly wound it would seem.

anyway...Hope its a good crowd tomorrow so we can all get behind the team.

101 out of interest do you keep a database of things people have previously said?

No. I just get very frustrated when characters such as Dev make remarks which cannot be substantiated.

Compare Mike's educated and reasoned post to Dev's and you will understand. We debate, we disagree but we demonstrate respect. We shouldn't all agree, but we shouldn't report to personal attacks on people we've never met. Dev often appears to be a very immature person when he replies to my posts, yet I am assured that he's actually rather clever in real life.

Can you, 101, substantiate what you have said about Morris being more liable to be sent off? I don't see a personal attack in Dev's post, other than perhaps saying you "see what you want to see" in that you prefer Moon over Morris and that filters into how you perceive things? Yet in your post you describe him as "immature". As true as that might be, you, in the previous sentence, talk about not resorting to personal attacks.

Personally, I feel Morris and Moon offer different things to the team, and I would play them both together to see how they gel.