New Strip For Next Season

sideshowbob1974

Campus Sports, sole retail outlet in Perth. Worth a visit as the training gear is half price. Shorts and T Shirts for Benidorm. Spread the gospel, folks.

Yup, I popped in on Sunday and got this season's Saints polo shirt for £8. There wasn't much stuff left though, so anyone who wants anything will probably need to be pretty quick.

Don't know if anyone noticed or not, but our strip and Bury's away strip were an identical design this year

st-john-cutout-large.gif

Bury_away-shirt_lrg.gif

except theirs is red of course, and the white insert on our strip is red on the Bury one. Oh, and we have a collar.

What's also interesting is that their strips which they sell to amateur teams don't include the design which we and Bury have been using, nor the designs for Bradford City.

The only vcomplaint I've heard is about quality, not design, so hopefully the change of manufacturing will resolve this - it seems they've heard the complaints and changed the production facility, so give them a chance. No previous supplier has done leisurewear (not such a good range anyway) so I think it's worth staying with them.

The only vcomplaint I've heard is about quality, not design, so hopefully the change of manufacturing will resolve this - it seems they've heard the complaints and changed the production facility, so give them a chance. No previous supplier has done leisurewear (not such a good range anyway) so I think it's worth staying with them.

Xara gave us just us much extra leisurewear as Surridge - possibly even more so.

Personally I'm not convinced by the designs either - the sponsor is way too far down our home shirt, which to me is a very basic design flaw. And the design of the yellow strip is rubbish.

On the subject of quality, I bought this season's home top when it first came out, but since then I've hardly ever worn it and I've never washed it. Despite this, I noticed on Saturday that the sponsor's logo has now started to come off. Very, very poor. By contrast, I have other Saints strips dating right back to the late 80s, many of which have been worn and washed over and over again, but are still in near-perfect condition.

I'm willing to see Saints give Surridge another chance, but I won't buy next season's shirt until I've heard some reports back on here about whether or not they're still affected by the same problems. If they are, then for the first time in my Saints supporting life I won't buy one.

are we going back to two strips rather than three I have the light blue and the home strip my home strip is falling apart the sturridge badge is falling off and the sponsers badge is similar I got the light blue top as it was getting embaressing wearing it in public the light blue top is in good qaulity tho the home top took till the first wash to start falling apart

I've heard that Bukta are making the tops. Also heard the maroon away top is because of the centenary year. Our strip back then was apparantly maroon. Never knew that to be honest!!

Seen a guy at the 208 last Sat with a new looking training top which was blue and gold so could be right enough.

I've heard that Bukta are making the tops. Also heard the maroon away top is because of the centenary year. Our strip back then was apparantly maroon. Never knew that to be honest!!

Seen a guy at the 208 last Sat with a new looking training top which was blue and gold so could be right enough.

say what!!? time machine going backwards !!! the centenary was in 1984 and centenary dinner in 1989 to mark that and the opening of mcd.

Any word on a new sponsor? I would assume that George Wimpey won't be our sponsor next season?

Any word on a new sponsor? I would assume that George Wimpey won't be our sponsor next season?

You sound like a reader of The Sun or The Daily Mail! All that's missing is the phrase, "In these economic times..." In all seriousness you are too articulate for tabloid cliches, in any case, the folk that use these phrases tend to be the ones who don't understand the meaning!

Back on topic, I am assuming George Wimpey East will continue their deal. They have continued their additional sponsorship.