Airdrie v St.Johnstone..9/5/09

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to go, only arrived back in Aberdeen last night after Saturdays session in Airdrie, then straight after work back down to tonights game.

Still swaying about whether to go down to perth for tomorrows open top bus, but my car is already 2000 miles past its service and not sure the lease company will be too happy.

In the end happy I went, as meant I got to sing Championeees one more time and cheer the champs. ah.... :)

Brilliant.

That Jim Masson certainly has a good eye for a player. No doubt 101 will be dancing to his own wee jig about May scoring - though quite justifiably.

Telt ye he wiz guid!

We are very lucky to have so many kids with potential. Zander, Vinnie, Sully, Lindsay, Shieldsy, Reynolds and May could all go make a living out of the game and I wish them all well.

Lindsay was very good tonight, following on from a very good season of reserve football. Shame Doris was played so far back and twas a real pity that May got only a few minutes.

I do often admire Del's ethics and morals, but Barratt wouldn't have made my bench tonight, terrible player and should never have started ahead of May. Mind you, I didnae half look a fud when he scored just after I announced "He couldnae score if they kept playing until Sunday!"

Ach well, good company an' all! Good to meet you tonight! I'll try and be better dressed next time!

Haha, I rather appreciated your outfit :laugh:

Was nice meeting you too. Thanks again for the lift back to the Glasgow. I think I should probibly go to bed now as I have an important exam at one and have already sacrificed enough time for saints. :mrgreen:

strange to think thats the season over now though.:shock:

Altogether now one Graham Barrett! theres only one Graham Barrett :laugh:

Night Champions :)

Well done to all of you Saintees who were there tonight!

I thought it was a decent turnout as well for a meaningless game - nice touch with the two Perth NHS swine flu officials turning up as well - bio-suits, face masks and all :laugh:

Shame I had to leave 15 minutes before the end though. Although I managed to catch Ando's through the crack in the big doors at the end of the stadium, I bloody missed the other 2 goals. :evil:

I thought it was a decent turnout as well for a meaningless game - nice touch with the two Perth NHS swine flu officials turning up as well - bio-suits, face masks and all :laugh:

Aye seen them boys on my way out, good stuff!

First half was a bit like watching paint dry, however i really enjoyed the second half, no doubt helped by the 4 goals. You cant really tell much from these games, but Euan McLean put in a good performance, collected all the crossed balls, decent kicking etc, and made an amazing save in the first half. Sheerin and Mooner were there usual composed selfs. Thought Reynolds done ok, suprised me how good he was in the air, won quite a few 'flick-on's'. All going well i reckon Stevie May has a great future in the game, he is direct, fast, and obviously knows how to score a goal.

Who ever thought after the disaster of the opening few weeks of the season that we would win the league by 10 points?!

Was great fun just to relax, not scream at the officials and sing a few songs at the end...Now the real hard work starts..

Lies Mr Ghost! You were giving that linesman abuse all game, some of the looks he was giving you, was quality!

I heard that was Mr 101 himself???

I actually mentioned midway through the second half that it's not very often that a game is so relaxed, even ghostie was quiet

I heard that was Mr 101 himself???

I actually mentioned midway through the second half that it's not very often that a game is so relaxed, even ghostie was quiet

I was sleeping thats why I was quiet. I told postiepat to wake me up if anythink happened. He woke me to tell me he thought the linesman was gonna stick one on him ..Some shite about hush puppies:shock:

Aye. It would be a shame to see one of the better run teams in Scotland go down.

you are havin' a laugh.

Airdrie could be the next Clyde (again). the first club to go bust twice is a possibility.

they are a shambles, they have nothing and never will again.

you are havin' a laugh.

Airdrie could be the next Clyde (again). the first club to go bust twice is a possibility.

they are a shambles, they have nothing and never will again.

yer right john.i will go further scottish football is shite, waggled by the of and the media,the present system has killed airdrie ,clyde and plenty others.its the fans that get fecked oh aye and fleeced as usual.