Jacko

SaintDougie

I'm a ceoliac - or 'silly-yak' as it frequently refered to - and the problem is that there are about 20 symptoms of which a sufferer only has about 5, so often hard to diagnose and only a biopsy proves it conclusively. Familar symptoms are bloating, stomach cramps, listlessness and in my case recurring conjunctivitis and knee pains. the impact is usually that the intestines fail to work properly and key vitamins are not absorbed leading to numerous seemingly unrelated problems. Six month of gluten and my intestines cleared up. He can still eat pasta but has to be corn and not wheat-based. Suspect Crohns is more likely tho.

Big problem is no beer or whisky so for those of you going to N Ireland I'll have a cider and a brandy please.

My dad and sister are coeliac so I know all about the diet restrictions. Not a fan of the gluten-free pasta at all so have taken to buying my own and cooking it separately. I think the beer thing was the hardest for my dad.

Crohns is probably more likely - it is unlikely that Jacko would have episodes like these with coeliacs unless he had been diagnosed and was on a gluten-free diet and then eating wheat stuff .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injured again! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2009/07/17/st-johnstone-eye-move-for-caley-thistle-winger-filipe-morais-86908-21526161/

"Meanwhile, Saints striker Andy Jackson faces a 24-hour sweat for the results of a knee scan after he took a bad knock in training. It's the latest in a series of setbacks for the Republic of Ireland Under-21 attacker.

He was hospitalised twice recently after stomach pains and has just bounced back from Achilles surgery that wrecked last season.

Perth boss Derek McInnes said: "We don't know how bad this is and we all have our fingers crossed for him. It's a case of wait and see.

"The knee had swollen up overnight and our physio Nick Summersgill suspects he may have stained his lateral ligament. Hopefully it's nothing more sinister.""

It's not looking good for the lad! I hope he can get back to his best, but it's a big ask. I think unless he has a good solid season in the SPL, we may offload him next summer, which would be a shame cause he has so much potential, but life is cruel sometimes, and he may not be able to reach the potential he has.

Wouldn't call that a bad bet 101, I'm just doubting he's gonna get a look in. Surely Savo is rated above him in Dels plans (although we know the worries he has) and I've got a feeling The Doc is gonna be an almost permanent fixture in the team next year.

Still, wouldn't mind knowing the odds for that one.

Speaking to Del yesterday and the bowel/stomach thing is over and done with. They were hopeful that the knee is not too bad so don't despair just yet. I'm not and I've got £50 riding on him hitting the net 15 times.

Speaking to Del, 101! I just hope he realises what he was saying to one of his greatest admirers on the forum.:razz:

Wouldn't call that a bad bet 101, I'm just doubting he's gonna get a look in. Surely Savo is rated above him in Dels plans (although we know the worries he has) and I've got a feeling The Doc is gonna be an almost permanent fixture in the team next year.

Still, wouldn't mind knowing the odds for that one.

Jacko and the doc have shown what they can do together so I would think its up to savo to prove his worth next season.

Having scored 15 goals last season, 15 more than both deuchar and jackson put together last season, and 8 more than anyone else in our team, i would suggest that savo doesnt really have to prove as much as a few suggest. If you are really believing that because these two had a good partnership for about fifteen games about two years ago warrants them starting together more often than not, then i cant believe your logic. Surely the most recent achievements outweigh the past.

Savo is ridiculously underrated. Remember he scored 3 goals against Scumdee last season! And 15 goals in any league, let alone the first division which had a lot of solid defenses and hammer-throwers, is no mean feat. Especially given that he's always had injury troubles. I've only ever seen him score one with his head, but with his feet he's an extremely efficient striker and finisher, with a good bit o' pace about him. Let's not forget that night at Ibrox.

• 2 weeks later...
don't really want to be saying this but its starting to make me think if Jacko is actually worth keeping....
young lad and up till last season hadnt showed any signs of being prone to picking up a knock. Just need a bit of luck, could easily have said the same for Savo.........

What is more worrying though is we seem to have 3/4 strikers who we cant keep off the treatment table.