Youth News 2009/10

Dev

The SPL result is wrong. It was 4-2 as Stevie May scored.

No high horse here mainstand, only facts

FACT St Johnstone have a very good team when all are fit and available, but no great strength in depth

FACT St Johnstone have the youngest team in the division, rather like Motherwell last year and look at the difference this year at Well with another year under their belt.

FACT. Very much like the 1st team, we need to be ruthless when chances come along as other teams tend to punish us when they get chances.

There is very little between most teams and it is very much " on the day"

Totally agree with your sentiments but I don't think these are necessarily facts as from what i hear Hibs also have many of last years 17's in the squad as do celtic (who released nearly all their 91 playersat the start of the season) so we may not be the youngest squad by that much. From looking at the profiles Kelly, heagney and Hemsley are the only boys that won't be eligible for next season.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with your sentiments but I don't think these are necessarily facts as from what i hear Hibs also have many of last years 17's in the squad as do celtic (who released nearly all their 91 playersat the start of the season) so we may not be the youngest squad by that much. From looking at the profiles Kelly, heagney and Hemsley are the only boys that won't be eligible for next season.

Celtic have paid a fortune for their team as you rightly pointed out they disbanded their whole 19s from last year.

For example, the boy Spence was signed from Alloa for £100k, and there are a few English, Irish, and foreign boys who they have purchased too.

So in the whole scheme of things we are competing as well as can be expected in the circumstances

Celtic have paid a fortune for their team as you rightly pointed out they disbanded their whole 19s from last year.

For example, the boy Spence was signed from Alloa for £100k, and there are a few English, Irish, and foreign boys who they have purchased too.

So in the whole scheme of things we are competing as well as can be expected in the circumstances

And we battered them for the 30 minutes in the second half. We have great bairns but as HH says we lack depth.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite an interesting game, Saints were slow to start and lost a goal at a corner the game was pretty even with both sides having chances, Saints equaliser was the result of a good cross and a good header from the saints player who just beat the keeper to the ball.

not quite sure what 101 is on about when he says they should have a better shape they played some good football in the first half and deffinately wanted to get the play switched from side to side.

First time I have been to Shotts Bon Accord ground, quite a nice wee place ideal in the winter where you can sit in the car with the heater running and watch the match.

Think I saw 101, well there was only 1 fan there kitted out in his saints gear and driving if it was him he is now well known to the locals as he blocked ff the main pavement forcing the poor kids and mums with prams on to the busy main road. reflects poorly on Saints!!

You know, you get an awful lot of these games. How do you get the time off work? I've never known a call centre to be so flexible with their working hours :wink:

I only work 37 hours - that's an awful lot of free time. I enjoy going to watch Saints and I imagine that finances will dictate that the my car is scrapped in February so I wanna see as much football as possible in the interim.

not quite sure what 101 is on about when he says they should have a better shape they played some good football in the first half and deffinately wanted to get the play switched from side to side

My usual 4-4-2 argument. The full backs didn't get foward enough to support the midfield. Sadly the 4-4-2 wasn't much better. I missed the opening 10 minutes but I thought we dominated the majority of the game without creating any clear cut chances.

First time I have been to Shotts Bon Accord ground, quite a nice wee place ideal in the winter where you can sit in the car with the heater running and watch the match.

Looked a terrific surface to play football on.

Think I saw 101, well there was only 1 fan there kitted out in his saints gear and driving if it was him he is now well known to the locals as he blocked ff the main pavement forcing the poor kids and mums with prams on to the busy main road. reflects poorly on Saints!!

Aye, wasn't great parking. Bit rattled at being late and didn't see the free spaces when I turned into the ground.

You should have spoken to me, who knows you might even have changed your opinion of me!

Incidentally, did you see me signing autograhs? Some of the wee neds assumed I was a player so I told them I was Midgie; three of them went home with Chrissy Millar #7 written down their arms!

Edited by 101 Saint

Aye, wasn't great parking. Bit rattled at being late and didn't see the free spaces when I turned into the ground.

You should have spoken to me, who knows you might even have changed your opinion of me!

Incidentally, did you see me signing autograhs? Some of the wee neds assumed I was a player so I told them I was Midgie; three of them went home with Chrissy Millar #7 written down their arms!

I was sitting just behind the goals.

found out at half time that the young Hamilton keeper was a former player of mine he had the chance to join Rangers or Hamilton abd decided on them he is loving it. His dad was telling us that the reserve Hamilton keeper is on loan to them from Rangers, why on earth they are loaning out under 19s to play in an under 19 league against them is beyond me.

Was he hooked or hurt?

Big moment if he was hooked. Surprised Davie stayed on given his lack of fitness.

He was taken off to protect him for today. Was always the plan before match.

I hope you agree that if we can get a full team out in 3 weeks agianst Accies in the cup tie, we can win.

He was taken off to protect him for today. Was always the plan before match.

I hope you agree that if we can get a full team out in 3 weeks agianst Accies in the cup tie, we can win.

Odd decision. Del has chickened out of blooding the bairns all year. Fingers crossed that one of them gets 10 minutes at the end today - assuming the game is dead.

In that case, I'd have started with Caddis and swapped Reynolds for Heagney at half time.

101. Full backs didnt get forward because I believe both are fecked with the cold that is doing the rounds in the team.

Young Ricky had been sent home too so didnt figure.

Having said that, our goal came from a full backs cross onto Reynolds head.

Fair dos.

• 2 weeks later...