Kenny Deuchar

dan loves saints

You been celebrating Burnley's promotion?

He's exceptional. I slated his capture last time around and apologised to Owen's face as I had referred to him as a panic signing. I was wrong, Owen was right, Dukes is great.

'exceptional'? settle down. Don't get me wrong if we sign him I hope he is going to prove me wrong but i just have a feeling he's not nearly going to be as effective as last time

Please please tell me you're drunk and having a laugh?

No you are right, scoring goals and bringing out the absolute best in Andy Jackson - thats about all he did really.

Great signing if we seal this one.

Doc, Savo, Sammy and Jacko all fit would be a dream for us.

oh sarcasm how exciting

Ur having a laugh lad .

10 goals in 14 league games says it all.:D

not really, what if he comes here, doesnt score, doesnt get any assists?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He scored six goals in 15 league games for Gretna when he went back to them in the SPL. I don't know how many of these appearances were from the start or from the bench.

Also worth noting that THREE of his six goals were against Rangers. One was away against Dundee United, another away against Hibs and the other one at home to Falkirk. Bearing in mind how utterly dreadful Gretna were that season, particularly at the tail end, that's not half bad.

He only started three games this season for Hamilton.

I think he would certainly bring us more than Holmes did - particularly if he can rediscover that link he had with Andy Jackson.

oh sarcasm how exciting

Irony alert! :laugh:

(If intentional then fair play to you!)

not really, what if he comes here, doesnt score, doesnt get any assists?

Presumably that is therotically possible with any signing that we make?

You take a chance with ANY player that you sign. He just happens (Hamilton aside, for reasons previously outlined) to have good scoring record and we also have first hand evidence of his quality.

Bring on the Doc I say.

He scored six goals in 15 league games for Gretna when he went back to them in the SPL. I don't know how many of these appearances were from the start or from the bench.

Also worth noting that THREE of his six goals were against Rangers. One was away against Dundee United, another away against Hibs and the other one at home to Falkirk. Bearing in mind how utterly dreadful Gretna were that season, particularly at the tail end, that's not half bad.

He only started three games this season for Hamilton.

I think he would certainly bring us more than Holmes did - particularly if he can rediscover that link he had with Andy Jackson.

Thats better than I first thought, if he can re capture that type of return I will be more than happy

Irony alert! :laugh:

(If intentional then fair play to you!)

Presumably that is therotically possible with any signing that we make?

it was intentional :)

thats a good point but I just think alot of people are getting swept away with enthusiasm over Deuchar where as I think he wont be nearly as good as he was when we had him before

dont see the point in signing deuchar, we've got enough strikers. He's not even that good and wasn't even that good when we had him on loan.

thats a good point but I just think alot of people are getting swept away with enthusiasm over Deuchar where as I think he wont be nearly as good as he was when we had him before

:oops::oops::oops:

Deuchar only played two games in a 4-3-3 for Saints, the Challenge Cup final and his last league match against Partick. In every other game he partnered Andy Jackson and in 13 games together, they scored 18 goals.

If we do get him, I'm confident he can do well for us again.

Deuchar only played two games in a 4-3-3 for Saints, the Challenge Cup final and his last league match against Partick. In every other game he partnered Andy Jackson and in 13 games together, they scored 18 goals.

If we do get him, I'm confident he can do well for us again.

Agree, obviously with not as good of a return but he will certainly cause defenders a few problems.........

Its not just about the front two as well, Kenny has a knack of bringing everyone around him into play too. I can see goals being all over the team next year.

not a contradiction in the strictest sense

Deuchar in a 4-3-3, bound to score goals in the first division.

Deuchar in the SPL, one of two strikers... bound to continue his goal scoring - i dont see it

You said: "he wasn't even that good when we had him on loan"

then you said: "he wont be nearly as good as he was when we had him before"

Suggesting you thought he wasn't good before and that he was good before - that's a contradiction or a backtrack. No mention of formations etc. you thought he wasn't good and then you thought he was good.

Plus what you say about formations is absolute rubbish - he played the vast majority of games for Saints in a two man forward line with Andy Jackson, who improved greatly playing with the doc.

You said: "he wasn't even that good when we had him on loan"

then you said: "he wont be nearly as good as he was when we had him before"

Suggesting you thought he wasn't good before and that he was good before - that's a contradiction or a backtrack. No mention of formations etc. you thought he wasn't good and then you thought he was good.

no its not actually but it could be :)

example, say he rated deuchar at 5/10 on his 1st stint at saints and then say he rated him at 2/10 on his 2nd stint

this means that he wasnt that good before and isnt nearly as good to be 5/10 this time round in his opinion :D

Goodness me what a lot of old drivel!! I thought every member was entitled to their opinion without getting ripped apart for it. :roll:

Just for the record I hope Deuchar is good for us but its a much more demanding league with better players and bigger challenges. The facts are that he aint played nearly enough this last season to expect him to come in as a first choice striker. I expect he'll come in to offer something different and probably come on from the bench more often than not. I also dont expect him to do as well as before and that includes 10 in 14 etc but it doesn't mean I dont rate him either. There is definately a place in our squad for him and regardless of all of our opinions I have a high opinion of Del and Dochertys' signing abilities.

It really does bode well for next season so far... Exciting stuff!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Wish I could be as enthuasiastic as some on this subject but still feel we are setting our sites too low on the striker front.

Agreed, people are comparing SFL with SPL, if he was Dr. Goals why was he not playing as the lone striker for Hamilton. People think we wil play two up front every game next season, but this would be madness, keep it tight away for home, draws every second week would be great.

if he was Dr. Goals why was he not playing as the lone striker for Hamilton. .

Totally disagree. Would you play a big striker as your lone striker? The last thing you want to do with a big striker is play him up on his own. You need a striker with mobility to play the lone role. Deuchar needs a partner and was never suited to a team who play 1 up top.

Totally disagree. Would you play a big striker as your lone striker? The last thing you want to do with a big striker is play him up on his own. You need a striker with mobility to play the lone role. Deuchar needs a partner and was never suited to a team who play 1 up top.

Big doesn't have to mean immobile, lets sign a big striker (180cm) who can move, Leigh Griffiths anyone?