Scotspurs Sevens @ Meadowbank

lethamsaintee

No probs - running through the inventory in my head and I think I have the following here:

2 red round neck training shirts (one of which will be mine as it will be quite sweaty after a ref's fitness test :laugh:)

red polo shirt - training shirt material

FC Dallas red and white hooped shirt (will do in the circumstances)

I'll be able to lay my hands on a couple more on a stop at the Perth chateau on the way back from my game tomorrow.

CHOPS!! I have some red tops (3 i think) if you want a wee shot of them , just let me know and i will bring them with me!!( text me as well if you want them, i am unlikley to be on line till tommorow night as i have a community gala day tommorow!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuxsake! I manage to get a loan of a black top and you indecisive buggers change to red! Black and Red seem to be the only 2 colours of shirt I don't have, so I'll need to get a loan of one from someone if possible!

What time and where about at Meadowbank are we going to meet?

And Craig, don't be such a big girlie - I'm playing with arthritis in my foot and a knackered knee!

Right, I have sourced about 6 red shirts, plus I do have 3 red referee's shirts that I'd rather not use but can be used if required.

I have my start of season fitness test in the morning so I'll be coming through from Motherwell, hopefully leaving there about 11.15ish, but may be slightly later and being tight for time. If that's the case I'll text Nelly.

Can someone text and confirm that Meadowbank Sports Centre is at Meadowbank Stadium? If so, then I live a 5 minute walk away so will park the car at home and bring the kit round with me. My number is 07912 179786.

Here's to getting a couple of games of football and a few pints in tomorrow!

Fuxsake! I manage to get a loan of a black top and you indecisive buggers change to red! Black and Red seem to be the only 2 colours of shirt I don't have, so I'll need to get a loan of one from someone if possible!

What time and where about at Meadowbank are we going to meet?

And Craig, don't be such a big girlie - I'm playing with arthritis in my foot and a knackered knee!

Yeah but i'm an old git and it takes longer for me to get patched up and walking again :wink:

Yeah but i'm an old git and it takes longer for me to get patched up and walking again :wink:

Very true, it takes me 3 or 4 days before I can walk properly again after a game of football now, can't imagine how bad it's going to be when I'm an old grandad like you!

Was a good afternoon with 8 players in the end appearing, in various states of ability and physical shape following the previous 24 hours :laugh:

5th placed out of 7 teams, very good effort.

Dougie and Barney - I'll get those tops back at some point.

5th? Not bad at all considering we had never played together before.

We were looking for you after but you seemed to have vanished. If you're heading up to the Motherwell game We'll get them back to you then.

Incidentally is anyone driving up and heading straight back after the game?

Nold and I have a Birthday meal at around 19:30 back in Edinburgh and the train just won't be quick enough for us getting back. We'll quite happily chip in for some petrol money if anyone has space for two?

We were looking for you after but you seemed to have vanished. If you're heading up to the Motherwell game We'll get them back to you then.

Incidentally is anyone driving up and heading straight back after the game?

Nold and I have a Birthday meal at around 19:30 back in Edinburgh and the train just won't be quick enough for us getting back. We'll quite happily chip in for some petrol money if anyone has space for two?

Dougie I have two spaces, if you want a lift, will be leaving about 1pm and hit your side of town about 1:30, give me a text if you want picked up and where- Andy

Was probably getting changed but no worries. Wont be at the Motherwell game, but will get them at some point.

Also, any Edinburgh Saints not going to Oslo fancy meeting up for a beer and the Scotland game on Wednesday night? 6pm kick off might make it tight for some, but if anyone fancies it, feel free to suggest suitable locations.

Was probably getting changed but no worries. Wont be at the Motherwell game, but will get them at some point.

Also, any Edinburgh Saints not going to Oslo fancy meeting up for a beer and the Scotland game on Wednesday night? 6pm kick off might make it tight for some, but if anyone fancies it, feel free to suggest suitable locations.

I'm up for watching the Norway - Scotland game, I'll be able to give you your top back as well.

I suggest the Chanter on bread street. There quite often, only £1.95 a pint.

Just got a text from Barney, We're meeting in the Chanter at 17:30 on Wednesday. He'll bring you're top as well if your joining us Chopper.

Edited by SaintDougie

I'm up for watching the Norway - Scotland game, I'll be able to give you your top back as well.

I suggest the Chanter on bread street. There quite often, only £1.95 a pint

Works for me - about 5 or 10 minutes from the office so I can look keen in doing a touch of overtime and make the pub in plenty of time as well!

Thanks for yesterday lads, except for turning us over:wink::laugh: nice to catch up with chopper in the boozer afterwards as well, not that i reconised him at first!!, slim- line and all that!!! Look forward to catching up with some of you Edinburgh dudes at games

Cheers Gav

One problem - there was too many Gav's!

You're right enough Marc, i'm sure it was 4-3 as well. No matter 4th on goal difference, I'm quite proud of that.

It was - I only mentioned 5th as it was mentioned that Ormond Saints had finished 2nd bottom ahead of Spurs and I knew we had the same points as them. Even better to be mid-table - might have to get training for next year!