Reflecting Well (Ex Saints in the News).

O'Rourke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some nice words from Tony Watt about Saints: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4739728/tony-watt-bulgaria-cska-sofia-celtic-st-johnstone/

“I know I’d lost my way before I went to St Johnstone but that was a good move for me. It got me playing again, back into a dressing-room and part of things.

“I know people look at it and saw I didn’t play the last two months but that was just down to the contract.

“I was one of the first players they spoke to about staying on but we just couldn’t agree and that was fine.

“I was left out of the squad because I wasn’t staying.

“I totally understood that because the manager had to look to the future and if you’re leaving then he’s got to build for the following season.

“I felt I had done well, we were challenging for the top six and I played nearly 40 games.

“That got me fitter and sharper than I had been.

“We shook hands and I left there at the end of the season. Sometimes you just don’t reach an agreement.

“That six months where I was playing every week did resurrect me, it gave me my career back. I’ll always be grateful for that.

“I got my confidence back and it helped me get this move.”

Gary Irvine making headlines

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50000564

"Dundee FC's manager James McPake and Forfar player Gary Irvine have been charged following a disturbance in a Dundee pub.

The incident is alleged to have taken place in The Braes bar, Perth Road, in the city's west end at about 23:30 on Sunday.

Police Scotland confirmed that two men, aged 35 and 34, had been charged in connection with the incident.

They are expected to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court."

Edited by garydavidson