Reflecting Well (Ex Saints in the News).

O'Rourke

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Looking at their signings,are we sure Callum has left Dunfermline ?.

Doesn't look like Scott Brown is signing for them:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/peterhead-fc/1766780/peterhead-not-giving-up-hope-on-retaining-dunfermline-target-scott-brown/

McInally said: “Scott phoned me on Saturday after he spoke to Dunfermline and I didn’t think it would go well for us. I think he had accepted he would take their offer. But he’s come back saying he’s not made his mind up and will not be showing any more interest in it.

“If nothing better than Dunfermline comes up then hopefully he will be coming back to Peterhead. It gives us a bit of hope as we couldn’t really get another Scott Brown. From that aspect, he hope the club being so good to him comes back and you get a wee bit of payback.”

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Doesn't look like Scott Brown is signing for them:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/peterhead-fc/1766780/peterhead-not-giving-up-hope-on-retaining-dunfermline-target-scott-brown/

McInally said: “Scott phoned me on Saturday after he spoke to Dunfermline and I didn’t think it would go well for us. I think he had accepted he would take their offer. But he’s come back saying he’s not made his mind up and will not be showing any more interest in it.

“If nothing better than Dunfermline comes up then hopefully he will be coming back to Peterhead. It gives us a bit of hope as we couldn’t rally get another Scott Brown. From that aspect, he hope the club being so good to him comes back and you get a wee bit of payback.”

Makes sense if Brown doesn't sign , as Paton will fill that position.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

CUPTIE joins Dundee.

hahahaha they managed to avoid saying St Johnstone in this article hahaha

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dave-mackay-joins-mcpakes-backroom-staff/

"

The club are delighted to announce that Dave Mackay has today been appointed as First Team Coach and Head of Opposition Analysis.

Dave is a player who came through the youth ranks at Dundee and played over 100 times including in the 2003 Scottish Cup Final and European fixtures.

During his playing career he played alongside manager James McPake at Livingston and in total played just shy of 600 first team matches.

A UEFA Pro Licence holder, Dave spent two years in charge of Stirling Albion after retiring as a player.

In the last year, he has been working with Aberdeen providing opposition analysis.

Manager James McPake said of the appointment, “Dave is someone I’ve known for 15 years and I’m delighted to finally get it over the line and bring him back to the club.”

“I see this role as another key aspect of how we are trying to structure the football department.”

“When Dave was manager at Stirling I saw a lot of his sessions and we completed the Pro Licence course together so I know what qualities he has as a coach and how he is as a person.”

“His qualities and his character fit the bill for what we need at this football club.”

“Dave is someone that I class as important as Jimmy Nicholl and Andy O’Boyle to aid my development as a manager.”

“In this newly created role, Dave will spend time analysing the opposition and on the training pitch as a key part of my backroom staff.”"

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, south inch said:

Last week was the 2019 Peebles March Riding and Beltane Festival.  A Beltane Queen is elected and she has a court.  The parents of the Queen and her court decorate their houses for the week and the best decorated house wins a prize.  This years winner was Stevie MacLean and family.

I imagine he celebrated by talking his top off, swirling it around his head, swearing at his father in the living room and knocking down his own fence by giving it a flying karate kick.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Wallace said:

Jody Morris - assistant to Frank Lampard at Chelsea!

Lampard as manager is a bit of a gamble after a not too successful season with Derby.

Legends are not always good managers as John Connolly proved.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, Cagey said:

Lampard as manager is a bit of a gamble after a not too successful season with Derby.  They made the play-offs in the Championship, a brutal league. Not too shabby.

Legends are not always good managers as John Connolly proved.  Aye, agreed

On 6/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, south inch said:

Last week was the 2019 Peebles March Riding and Beltane Festival.  A Beltane Queen is elected and she has a court.  The parents of the Queen and her court decorate their houses for the week and the best decorated house wins a prize.  This years winner was Stevie MacLean and family.

Stevie and his faither won the bools tournament at the bowling club down the road last week.