Gavin Swankie

iversaint

What is this thing with may, he is a young lad who they obviously feel is not ready for the first team yet.

I'm genuinley amazed by that post. Have you ever to spoken to Del about our youth system? You've seen May in action yourself. The boy is exceptionally talented.

He's not ready to start yet and it would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to introduce him as a subby, but we were scraping the bottom of the barrel when we introduced Savo. He should have been subbed on 75 minutes but we couldn't take the chance because of Mackay and Grainger carrying knocks.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghostie, Georgethesaint appears to be a relation or friend of Savo, check out his previous posts...

33 posts..32 about Savo or slagging off Peaso, Jacko, Sammy and anyone who dares doubt Savo:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Could he be Savos Dad or perhaps his brother?? There is a guy who I see at games quite often who looks very much like Savo..Around the same age.. Has he got a Bro??

:shock:

I've never hid the fact i know Savo, and i will stick up for him, but if he was playing poorly, i'd be the first to tell him. The pm option was only there, cause i hate when there are loads of posts on here slagging players, so i thought we could do it privately. Some fans are never happy, but i suppose its your nature. He says that Savo hasnt been good for 18 months, but last season was his best surely??? Wheres the logic???

Herdo, you're simply wrong. Savo certainly is good enough for the SPL and hopefully he will be able to prove it one he gets injury problems behind him. In my opinion on form he is our best option upfront.

Both Savo and Peaso made a contribution on Saturday and looked suprisingly sharp considering lack of first team action. I have my doubts about Peaso, but it he gave a good 45 minutes and if fit should start against Motherwell.

I've never hid the fact i know Savo, and i will stick up for him, but if he was playing poorly, i'd be the first to tell him. The pm option was only there, cause i hate when there are loads of posts on here slagging players, so i thought we could do it privately. Some fans are never happy, but i suppose its your nature. He says that Savo hasnt been good for 18 months, but last season was his best surely??? Wheres the logic???

why should we be happy if we (whoever) thinks that someone hasnt been good enough? i dont think last season was his best, i wasnt opposed to selling him either when ict were sniffing about, that doesnt mean i want him out either by the way.

No. I am amazed at the praise he got. He looked very slow, totally lacking in conviction and knackered after 20 minutes. Stevie May would have been a better bet, but there's no way he could have been thrown into that environment for his SPL debut. Del should have blooded him in our heavy defeats to the old scum and Hibs, then we could have used him on Saturday...

Ah well we've been in agreement quite a bit recently so there had to be a complete disagreement soon! Whats more is the things you felt were his weaknesses I feel were his strengths.

I thought he looked pacey down the right and can recall 3 occasions where he caught the defender out by dashing past him and nipping in to get the ball. I thought he was chasing every ball even those that seemed a lost cause. On the fitness side I suppose he did disapear slightly for the last 10 mins but thats surely understandable after the time he's been out.

Ah well we've been in agreement quite a bit recently so there had to be a complete disagreement soon! Whats more is the things you felt were his weaknesses I feel were his strengths.

I thought he looked pacey down the right and can recall 3 occasions where he caught the defender out by dashing past him and nipping in to get the ball. I thought he was chasing every ball even those that seemed a lost cause. On the fitness side I suppose he did disapear slightly for the last 10 mins but thats surely understandable after the time he's been out.

The very fact that he was knackered in half an hour tells you his introduction was flawed. His pace was flattered by the Midden's lack of pace.

The very fact that he was knackered in half an hour tells you his introduction was flawed. His pace was flattered by the Midden's lack of pace.
Heavy pitch, its no real a surprise. I was amazed he got on, just thankful that he came through it.

Still would of had swankie on bench instead of him and went with flip flop up top if needed.

I'm genuinley amazed by that post. Have you ever to spoken to Del about our youth system? You've seen May in action yourself. The boy is exceptionally talented.

He's not ready to start yet and it would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to introduce him as a subby, but we were scraping the bottom of the barrel when we introduced Savo. He should have been subbed on 75 minutes but we couldn't take the chance because of Mackay and Grainger carrying knocks.

You are agreeing then, he is not ready for the first team squad.

Your opinion of Savo is quite incredible and again makes me wonder what game you are watching at times, through these moon shaped specs that you have. :-)

Herdo, you're simply wrong.

You have an opinion. I have an opinion. Just because I disagree with your opinion does not make me wrong. Your opinion is probably flawed by the 8th of November 2006, just like many people on this forum, but I'm not saying your opinion is wrong.

I don't feel Savo will ever be able to regain the kind of fitness that will see him play a major part in our season. His main strength for us was chasing down balls through the middle or over the top but he simply does not have the pace for this anymore.

I thought Milne looked really sharp when he came on at the weekend and it was encouraging to see. I think a big part of his came is about that sharpness and he suffers a lot when he's not 100% fit.

Regards his ability in the SPL, do we have a player more proven at this level? I've posted it before but in his last three of seasons with Dundee, he scored 19 goals in just 41 SPL starts. I'd say that's a pretty impressive return and I also think he's a much improved player from the one that arrived at Saints.

If he gets a run to the end of the season, I'd back him to get at least five goals.

If I'm being honest I couldn't make that match, so it has no real influence on my opinion. Savo has many different qualities and overall is the best option we have in our squad when playing up-top.

P.S- I'm right, you're wrong! :wink:

You have an opinion. I have an opinion. Just because I disagree with your opinion does not make me wrong. Your opinion is probably flawed by the 8th of November 2006, just like many people on this forum, but I'm not saying your opinion is wrong.

I don't feel Savo will ever be able to regain the kind of fitness that will see him play a major part in our season. His main strength for us was chasing down balls through the middle or over the top but he simply does not have the pace for this anymore.

• 1 month later...

I think it was ridiculous from Del today leaving Swanks out of the squad. I dont understand how he can justify having a place on the bench for Sheerin but not Swanks.

It would not surprise me if the lad had lost any motivation he had. I just hope he's involved in one of the cup games this week.

If your reading.. CHIN UP GAVIN!!

and if you're reading Del.. get a grip