O'Rourke

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and we also sing

we want to go home we want to go home manchester polis we want to go home

is that a problem?

Not a problem to me......but normally the media,a certain politician and your club pick up upon the "tune" 'sloop john b'-as a reference to the "famine" and thats why i was surprised that a section of your fans started it off.

Support was truly brilliant from us on Saturday. A guy i worked with who sits the other side from where we were commented on Saturday night that he couldn't help but have a laugh when he heard some of our songs and that they were one of the best (small) set of away fans that he has seen at parkhead for a while.

I went to Celtic Park a couple of times last season for hospitality and the atmosphere in there just now is shocking. Theres just a horrible air of expectancy around the place and no singing at all. Looking forward to some more great away days!! Loved staying behind at the end to show the players what they meant to us.

Also special mention to the idotic Celtic fans whose loudest singing was at the end of the match as we all were walking out singing "Cheerio Cheerio". They should have used that 20 mins earlier when their own sort had all started to head to their cars/to steal cars!

I took up the issue of Celtic being the "greatest fans in the world" on the BBC website... the only responses I got were, you only brought 600!! I said that makes it worse 600 outsinging over 50,000, but they still couldn't see it. The other argument was that they find it hard to get worked up to play us... that's another way that you are not the greatest fans, then!

The only sensible response I got was that they were generally very well behved etc in that UEFA Cup Final... one example when countless teams have a great day at a cup final.

Best fans ma hoop (pardon the pun!)