Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Nice crisp clear boring photo from 1952  :P

brdgend52_zps4tem87w0.jpg

Great pics as usual Chips.  Please ignore comments about boring posts.  When I was in the Civil Service we used to get instructions and then within days corrections called amendments.  Appropriate here would be

Amendment 1 - delete "boring" - insert "brilliant".

Is this the newsagents on Long Causeway around where Hertz was ? It was still there in the 70's. I remember passing it every day walking to primary school.        

You surely were not at primary school in the 70's I always thought you were an auld bas**@+

Great work Chips, many thanks for the great insight into Perth back in the day.

I understand there are fb pages for bygone cities like Glasgow etc which have got tens of thousands of likes.

I think you are onto something lad!

Edited by Dave Ferg

Great work Chips, many thanks for the great insight into Perth back in the day.

I understand there are fb pages for bygone cities like Glasgow etc which have got tens of thousands of likes.

I think you are onto something lad!

Ive actually removed ma old perth pictures page. It had ran its course, at one point it had thousands of views and likes but it had ran its course. It even managed to reunite family members and friends who had moved to different parts of the globe. In the end my picture sources ran out and posts, views etc dwindled. Now I see my pics popping up on the likes of auld perth bairns. Fecking annoying considering I took the time to find the images and enhanced them. I should have water marked the buggers