Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

I might be wrong but would say top picture isnt St Johns place but the top of the old high street where Peddies used to be and is in picture and nail shop next to it.

I think You are very correct, the pictures posted were sent to me by email with the info given. Good to see you guys being on the ball, it let's me edit the images in my archives for future reference :)

This is Longcauseway in Perth. The soldiers are from the Black Watch at Queens Barracks and the funeral is going to Wellshill Cemetery. At the left of the picture is the railway goods yard, and the ramp at the right pavement leads into the cattle yards at the back of Perth Mart.

be1cecce5e950f72e9fed882b9c59772.jpg

Can picture Sixties Saint with his nose pressed against the school railings watching the lassies in the playground.:wink:

Alas the school is currently being converted into flats, with additional flats on the Kinnoull Causeway side of the building.

You could be right Hoodlum went there for my first two years in School before going to the Goodlyburn, by then you were at that approved school

I'll guess at north methven street the kemp and co bit is where chinese is not sure of name and the laundrette is next door. Where the advertising boarding is at end of building is now a road into drumhar.

This is South St - the Shell sign was McLennan's garage many years ago...... as it is now (Google)

South St 2.JPG