Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

2 minutes ago, Coltrane said:

Looks like it could be Alloa when we gained promotion there??

Funnily enough, that's where I thought but couldn't remember what their terracing looked like. Definately not Tannadice...terracing was much wider and steeper.

2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Funnily enough, that's where I thought but couldn't remember what their terracing looked like. Definately not Tannadice...terracing was much wider and steeper.

If it is then I'm in the photo as I was standing in the covered enclosure.....   I'm pretty sure that's the strip Saints were wearing that season too -  1982-83.

14 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

I'm not sure that is McAlpine...or Utd...I'm not even sure where that is?

14 hours ago, Coltrane said:

It is Alloa.

not the promotion game though ,but the previous game at Alloa that season.this is Johnny brogan scoring to beat the all time goal scoring record by Ian Roger.andy b is in the background .the goalie hasn’t a beard but a moustache.

Edited by slf

20 hours ago, Coltrane said:

Don't know which game this is but it looks like Alloa.  Photo taken behind the goal to the left showing the quaint covered enclosure.  The wee stand and changing rooms etc. would be out of picture opposite the enclosure.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Don't know which game this is but it looks like Alloa.  Photo taken behind the goal to the left showing the quaint covered enclosure.  The wee stand and changing rooms etc. would be out of picture opposite the enclosure.

correct

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Center Half said:

The Volunteer Arms was our "workers HQ" when I was serving my time/then time served in the mid seventies and early eighties I left the company and Perth around 83 and it shut a few years later for a while before reopening as the full moon as it is now.

We/It was always called " the High Level ". Now I can never remember the name on the establishment anything else but the Volunteer Arms, I think the High level was the bar area as it was on a higher level than the Snug/lounge was? anyone any ideas.

used to drink in there around 80/81