Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, chips said:

65390f25ac177d86f1bce08395570b3d.jpg

St John's Street early circa 1953?  The car reminds me of going by bus to primary school one morning and being challenged by another boy (from another school): "What's your highest FGS?"  I hadn't a clue what he meant, but apparently kudos were earned by having seen a new car with an FGS registration higher than anyone else had seen.  GS and ES were the Perth registration marks, I think.  After FGS 999 I presume it moved on to GGS.  Happy days …..

2 hours ago, Old Lethamite said:

St John's Street early circa 1953?  The car reminds me of going by bus to primary school one morning and being challenged by another boy (from another school): "What's your highest FGS?"  I hadn't a clue what he meant, but apparently kudos were earned by having seen a new car with an FGS registration higher than anyone else had seen.  GS and ES were the Perth registration marks, I think.  After FGS 999 I presume it moved on to GGS.  Happy days …..

Picture of a young hoodlum upto no good

3 hours ago, Old Lethamite said:

My dad's Rover was GGS 9E

11 hours ago, south inch said:

That was your starter for ten, what about the one up by the Station opposite the Queens Hotel?

These questions get asked every so often. If you look at earlier posts in this thread, you will find Reliance as an answer to your earlier question.

Grassicks didn't need looking up.:wink:

Edited by HOODLUM65