Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Repost I think, but for those who haven't seen it...
Children in Scott Street, Perth wearing paper 'admiral's' hats in the pattern of the Union flag. The paper hats were presented to children at the BB Cinerama, Perth, to commemorate the jubilee celebrations of King George V in 1935.

D_1LWtEWsAAKjMe.jpeg

2 hours ago, chips said:

Repost I think, but for those who haven't seen it...
Children in Scott Street, Perth wearing paper 'admiral's' hats in the pattern of the Union flag. The paper hats were presented to children at the BB Cinerama, Perth, to commemorate the jubilee celebrations of King George V in 1935.

D_1LWtEWsAAKjMe.jpeg

Great. Note the Tile merchants and Navy Cut cig. Advert.

"It's the tobacco that counts"

Edited by HOODLUM65

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Fraze said:

The two young boys on the left are me and my brother Frazer and Douglas MacDonald, we lived at 36 Scott St. Great memories from those days.

Love this thread, Chips is a star for creating so many memory joggers. 

Frazer and I went through primary school together at Viewlands before I moved to England in primary 7.

Remember your house in Scott Street well, just along from Jacqueline Donaldson if I remember correctly. 

Gavin mcleod, iain Montgomery before he moved to Bearsden, Gordon Adams, Richard voigt, David Coventry, David Armstrong, Ellie Graham, Julie Gordon, and many others went through primary together, hope u are well. 

Campbell's Dyeworks, St Catherine's Rd, Perth

Dyeworks used large quantities of water in their processes and the water had to be disposed of after use.  As a consequence, Perth's water supply from the lade was seriously polluted on a number of occasions during the 19th century.

EHAeqvaXkAUTUVe.jpeg

A ward in Perth Infirmary, York Place, Perth, second half of the 19th century.

The old Perth Infirmary in York Place was in use from 1835 until 1914, its last patients were wounded soldiers from the First World War. This building is now AK Bell library where we are based

EG7b98hXUAUI_yI.jpeg