Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Just to confuse matters even more I am not even certain this is Perth. I thought the building had a look of the Ice Factory and the buildings in the background could have been something to do with the harbour. It’s not a building in Craigie or around the railway station that I can recall. It could possibly Aberdeenshire somewhere either Inverurie or Fraserburgh. Sorry if I have caused some confusion.

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

Just to confuse matters even more I am not even certain this is Perth. I thought the building had a look of the Ice Factory and the buildings in the background could have been something to do with the harbour. It’s not a building in Craigie or around the railway station that I can recall. It could possibly Aberdeenshire somewhere either Inverurie or Fraserburgh. Sorry if I have caused some confusion.

No need for an apology, we need things to keep our minds active just now.  I can see why you thought it was the Ice Factory but the road layout is wrong.  Took me a good while to work that out though!

5 minutes ago, south inch said:

No need for an apology, we need things to keep our minds active just now.  I can see why you thought it was the Ice Factory but the road layout is wrong.  Took me a good while to work that out though!

I picked up on the road as not Shore Rd lay out. 

I recognise the building and thought it was somewhere off Glover Street, mystery goes on. 

11 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I picked up on the road as not Shore Rd lay out. 

I recognise the building and thought it was somewhere off Glover Street, mystery goes on. 

You could be right I seem to remember a building either in Glover Street or maybe Gray Street which fits - Glasgow Road end.  The railway carriage should be to the left though.  Good fun even if the building turns out to be in Fraserburgh.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

You could be right I seem to remember a building either in Glover Street or maybe Gray Street which fits - Glasgow Road end.  The railway carriage should be to the left though.  Good fun even if the building turns out to be in Fraserburgh.

I think I maybe thought wrong with original but its not Gray St/ Glover St either.

20160311155954_02.jpg

Edited by ejksjfc

10 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

I think I maybe thought wrong with original but its not Gray St/ Glover St either.

20160311155954_02.jpg

I was thinking the old Perth mart on needless Rd just off Glover Street, but it's not that as the road lay out is wrong for Needless Road and the building is to high for the mart. 

Currently stumped on this one. 

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I was thinking the old Perth mart on needless Rd just off Glover Street, but it's not that as the road lay out is wrong for Needless Road and the building is to high for the mart. 

Currently stumped on this one. 

I was thinking more Glover Street itself, right hand side going towards Craigie from the Glasgow Road.  50 to 60 years ago though.  But the road layout is wrong.

I'm stumped too.

2 hours ago, south inch said:

I was thinking more Glover Street itself, right hand side going towards Craigie from the Glasgow Road.  50 to 60 years ago though.  But the road layout is wrong.

I'm stumped too.

There was a building opposite the bottom of Needles Road but was little more than a large wooden shed the only substantial stone building in that area was the one in the photo in the old goods yard above, it was used by Pickfords latterly.

At first I thought it was Hays mart on Needless Rd but the more I looked at it the the road layout is wrong going by pavement on left side of picture. But I hasten to add if photograph was lightened op you would be able to see the truck entrance into the mart 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 6:06 PM, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

There's a train carriage in the background so it's somewhere near the station but can't quite work it out. 

They are timetables on the wall GB, there is a steam loco to the left though

51 minutes ago, slf said:

Simons auld Hoose corner upstairs 

There wasn’t a Simon lived there from 1963-1995........I know that for a fact because that is where I lived for all my time in Perth, my mother moved to shelter housing in ‘95 or thereabouts.

• 2 weeks later...