25e Ainslie Place

Old Perth - Picture Thread

Im trying to locate Shuttlefield close on old survey maps but no joy yet,looking through Scotlands places this is the actual description given.. Shuttlefield Close - [Situation] Extends from South St to Canal St This close is situated a short distance from Malloch's Close and is equally abominable, the houses are old & in bad repair & the occupiers are the dregs of Society - Sergt [Sergeant] Gibson. City Police Mr Rollo Detective Force Name on Close

At the sametime theres also Candlemakers close .. [Situation] Extends S. [South] from South St This close is situated on the South side of South Street and extends to canal Street.

And Malloch's Close - [Situation] S. [South] side of South St. to Canal St. A narrow dirty lane leading from South Street to the east end of Canal Crescent

I believe Shuttlefield Close is where Scott Street is now.
Remember Scott Street is a fairly new street (in relation to the other streets).

ps. How do I preview my posts before I post them?

Fav pic of the boating station 

FB_IMG_1505657479535.jpg

I remember well, August 1972,  an eight year old me and a guy from Balhousie St called Mackay hired a boat out on the river from that very spot, I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined it even existed. Then up to Handyside's shop for sweets, then followed the crowds up to Muirton Park. It was the 7-3 game v Newcastle.

Funny how because of one event (Supermac's goal), the whole day sticks in your mind like it was yesterday.. Wonder where we got the money for a day out like that ???

I remember well, August 1972,  an eight year old me and a guy from Balhousie St called Mackay hired a boat out on the river from that very spot, I was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined it even existed. Then up to Handyside's shop for sweets, then followed the crowds up to Muirton Park. It was the 7-3 game v Newcastle.

Funny how because of one event (Supermac's goal), the whole day sticks in your mind like it was yesterday.. Wonder where we got the money for a day out like that ???

Imagine an 8 year old getting to hire a boat nowadays, they cana get a cup of tea at the fitba if they are under 14(?) I think now changed days indeed.