Old Perth - Picture Thread

25e Ainslie Place

Peter Wilman was my grandad, nice to see his antique shop where I spent a lot of my early childhood.

He was originally from Buxton and left Perth in the early-mid 80's eventually retiring to Guernsey. My granny died there around 25 years ago and he passed away just shy of 5 years ago now.

1 hour ago, chips said:

I need to hold my hand up to that one, by the time I realised it was Perth rd Dunblane it was too late to delete... soz my bad  :(

But for your admission above I would have agreed with Hoodlum.  A closer inspection reveals the street light in the background.

Great set of pictures as always, thanks Chips.

On 26/04/2018 at 9:37 AM, fazman1977 said:

Peter Wilman was my grandad, nice to see his antique shop where I spent a lot of my early childhood.

He was originally from Buxton and left Perth in the early-mid 80's eventually retiring to Guernsey. My granny died there around 25 years ago and he passed away just shy of 5 years ago now.

Did he have a shop in Athol street as well at some stage?

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:40 AM, chips said:

20180426_033359.jpg

The Volunteer Arms was our "workers HQ" when I was serving my time/then time served in the mid seventies and early eighties I left the company and Perth around 83 and it shut a few years later for a while before reopening as the full moon as it is now.

We/It was always called " the High Level ". Now I can never remember the name on the establishment anything else but the Volunteer Arms, I think the High level was the bar area as it was on a higher level than the Snug/lounge was? anyone any ideas.

9 hours ago, Center Half said:

The Volunteer Arms was our "workers HQ" when I was serving my time/then time served in the mid seventies and early eighties I left the company and Perth around 83 and it shut a few years later for a while before reopening as the full moon as it is now.

We/It was always called " the High Level ". Now I can never remember the name on the establishment anything else but the Volunteer Arms, I think the High level was the bar area as it was on a higher level than the Snug/lounge was? anyone any ideas.

Nice to see St Johnstone Aid Club 2 doors down.