• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


PerthSaints_1884 last won the day on February 19 2014

PerthSaints_1884 had the most liked content!

About PerthSaints_1884

  • Birthday 05/05/1992
  1. If anyone would like to help set-up the card display, send me a message and I'll give you the details.
  2. EUROPA LEAGUE CARD DISPLAY: Hi all, We have been busy planning a card display for the Europa League home tie, which will take place on either July 17 or July 24. Once again, we need the support of the fans for this to happen. All donations are welcome, every little helps. You can donate via PayPal by making payment to Thanks for any help with this.
  3. I don't play the drum, but do take it to the games. Pretty sure that the drum will be in the top tier, roughly in the middle of the stand. Send me over a message and we'll try get something sorted.
  4. Rolled up and slotted in between the metal bar that runs across the underside of the seat.
  5. Drum is going. Looking for vounteers to help with the set up of the card display. This will take place on Friday 16th of May with a morning start. If available, please get in touch. Thanks.
  6. Payments on hold just now. Account needs validated but I'm unable to do this until later on tonight.
  7. Hi all, We are in the process of arranging a card display for the Scottish Cup final. The display will ideally cover the whole of the 'Jock Stein Stand', but will be downsized if necessary. Numerous display ideas are currently be looked into, if you have an idea please share your thoughts. With the final fast approaching, it is necessary to start acquiring funds. A local company have been contacted - the cost will be £250, which is fantastic. We are awaiting confirmation from the SFA and are hoping to hear back tomorrow, but with Aberdeen being granted permission for the League Cup final at Celtic Park, it should not be an issue. Payments can now be made on PayPal by sending to Currently sitting at £45.77, once we are nearing the target figure I will let you all know. Thanks in advance for any donations. If you are on Facebook, you can keep up to date here: Come on you Saints.
  8. Hamilton brushed aside Saints U20’s this evening in an encounter played at a drenched New Douglas Park. Two early goals from Watson and Brophy, followed by a second half penalty from Docherty resulted in the Perth youngsters suffering a disappointing 3-0 defeat. St Johnstone, much similar to last week, found themselves trailing within the first five minutes. An early Hamilton corner from the left wasn’t fully cleared, leaving the unmarked Watson to rise above all and head beyond Hurst. In a lively opening, Hamilton almost doubled their lead with only nine minutes on the clock. Brophy reacted first to connect with a cross from the right, but his header went inches wide of the target. He would not be denied a minute later. A low delivery into the box fell to the feet of the alert forward, who turned Brown and fired low into the bottom corner. The explosive start from the side from South Lanarkshire sparked a reaction from Saints. A clever interchange between Easton and Thomson resulted in the latter bundling the ball into the back of the net. However, a quick glance over to the nearside revealed that the linesman had already flagged for offside. Then, direct play from Thomson in the 30th minute created space for the shot, but his strike from the edge of the box was straight at Hamilton stopper Currie. Having weathered a short St Johnstone revival, Hamilton went on the attack. A deep ball into the area was misjudged by Hurst but his blushes were saved as Andy Ryan could only header on to the crossbar. With half-time approaching, Hurst was called upon to deny Paul George from adding a third, tipping the ball around the post. From the resulting corner, the crossbar was again shaking, Devlin finding space this time to head off the woodwork. It was all but over in the 49th minute. Ryan meandered his way into the area before eventually being pulled down from behind. Without hesitation, the referee pointed to the spot. Docherty stepped up and smashed the ball high into the top right corner, leaving Hurst helpless. With a comfortable lead, Hamilton continued to successfully deter any momentum the Perth side attempted to mount. The ball was in the back of the Saints net again with twenty minutes to go, but the referee deemed that Hurst had been fouled when attempting to gather the ball. Hamilton were forced to play the remaining five minutes with ten men when El Zubaidi pulled up with a hamstring injury – all substitutes were already on the field of play. St Johnstone did manage to break forward in the 86th minute when Davies slipped in Adarabioyo but his shot was well blocked by the covering McMann. An impressive performance from Hamilton can leave the Saints youngsters with no complaints at the final result. Attention will now be turned to an important SFA Youth Cup fixture against St Mirren on Sunday. St Johnstone team: Hurst. Gray, Brown, Steeves, McKenzie (Stevenson ’62). Thomson, Joyce, Coultress, Easton (Davies ’74), Trialist. Fortnam-Tomlinson (Adarabioyo ’46)
  9. St Johnstone twice came from behind to earn a 2-2 draw in tonight’s home tie against Kilmarnock, played at the Excelsior stadium in Airdrie. Three minutes on the clock and Kilmarnock were ahead. A low cross from the right was met by Pooler, who managed to evade his marker and slide the ball beyond Hurst. The Perth side responded well. Easton was first to come close – quick feet on the edge of the area created space for the shot, which went narrowly wide of the target. Easton then turned provider, playing a reverse pass into the path of Adarabioyo but his powerful drive across goal was saved well. Easton was at it again in the 34th minute. The crafty midfielder jinked inside his man and was unlucky to see his curling effort agonizingly brush past the post. A minute later, St Johnstone were awarded a penalty when Steeves was dragged to the ground in the box. Easton stepped up, casually strolled forward and passed the ball wide of the target. Undeterred, Saints continued to press forward. Firstly, Thomson surged to the by-line and cut the ball back for the onrushing Fortnam-Tomlinson, who blazed over from all of six yards. Thomson was again involved moments later, this time meeting a knock down to volley inches wide. Kilmarnock should have doubled their lead on the stroke of half-time. A mistake from Hurst presented a glorious opportunity for the Killie frontline, but the resulting effort was smashed over the crossbar. Into the second half and once again it was Kilmarnock who started quickly. A driven corner was headed back off the post, much to the delight of the defeated Hurst. However, up the other end, the energy of Thomson was causing problems for the opposing defence. A low strike across the goalkeeper was well saved and tipped out for a corner. The game burst into life in the 73rd minute. A curling Easton free-kick was expertly saved, only the fingertips of the Kilmarnock stopper denying the equaliser. He could not, however, deny Thomson levelling the game up a moment later. The youngster quickly moved the ball inside before accurately firing the ball into the far corner of the net. Saints were not level for long. A fantastic one touch move by Kilmarnock was calmly turned into the back of the net by Gardyne with just over ten minutes to play. With five to go, St Johnstone pushed forward in a desperate attempt to tie the game up. Step forward Scott Gray. The defender, driving up from left back, beat his man with a neat dummy before unleashing a ferocious strike from twenty-five yards that arrowed into the top corner. That was to be the last action of the game. A hard-fought but deserved point for the U20’s.
  10. Match report from tonight's game.
  11. James Dunne has signed on loan until the end of the season. He goes straight into the squad for tonight's game against Dundee United.
  12. When I asked why, I was told that after a meeting yesterday, those involved decided against it. Shame considering a bit of time has been spent on organising it, but nothing can be done. I'm sure everyone will get behind the team and that is what matters most.
  13. Just off the phone with the SPFL. We are NOT allowed a card display at the semi-final. An explanation wasn't given.
  14. If anyone missed it, here's an article on his rise to fame.
  15. Croft signalled to the bench after the last run down the line and later mentioned something about cramp. He played really well, but have to agree with others that he needed to come off.