ps3 or xbox?????

R_mac

hey all, since i've now saved up some cash i'm thinking about upgrading my ps2, but the question is what should i get, a ps3 slim:) or an xbox??? Anyone had both or even played both and could give me any advice on what i should purchase??? Cheers rory:)

if i was ever to get a xbox it would have to be the elite one

though for a wee bit more money the ps3 is much better

- comes with everything already ie xbox u have to buy internet stuff

- is free to play online

- includes a blu ray player (anyone remember hd dvds?? haha)

- better controller

that said the xbox does have fable II :(

I had the same dilemma a couple of weeks ago. PS3 has better hardware and online is free. However the xbox actually rasters graphics more accurately than the PS3, has a far better games library and xbox live is also superior. That considered I got a 360 elite and find it better than my mate's PS3. The fact more of my pals have 360 than xbox also counted in its favour.

Get what most of your mates have got if you plan to play online. No point having a console and no one you know to play with/against. Yes Xbox live costs £30/year but you get what you pay for.

If you want a pure games console then get the Xbox360. If you want a media centre that pretends to be a games console then get the PS3. If you want a blu-ray player then PS3 is the choice. If you want only games then Xbox360 is superior.

People who go on about the better hardware and graphics on one or the other generally are biased. You will probably not notice the difference. Both are HD. There are positives and negatives on both systems.

I would also try out the different controllers. See which one you like more... It really is personal taste. Personally I find the 360 controller nicer to use. You have had a PS2 so maybe the PS3 one is better for you?

thx guys for the advice-think i'm going to go for a ps3 slim purely because 1) most of my pals have an ps3 meaning i can play them online and 2) online gameplay is free:)

buying it with amazon, getting a free game with it so fifa 10 here i come- watch out:)

i'll put my user name on here once i've set it up for anyone wanting a game, cheers again

Get what most of your mates have got if you plan to play online. No point having a console and no one you know to play with/against. Yes Xbox live costs £30/year but you get what you pay for.

If you want a pure games console then get the Xbox360. If you want a media centre that pretends to be a games console then get the PS3. If you want a blu-ray player then PS3 is the choice. If you want only games then Xbox360 is superior.

People who go on about the better hardware and graphics on one or the other generally are biased. You will probably not notice the difference. Both are HD. There are positives and negatives on both systems.

I would also try out the different controllers. See which one you like more... It really is personal taste. Personally I find the 360 controller nicer to use. You have had a PS2 so maybe the PS3 one is better for you?

only the xbox elite is actually hd and imo comparable to the ps3

dirt 2 is good and as folk have already said the call of dutys are immense

only the xbox elite is actually hd and imo comparable to the ps3

Sorry this is incorrect.

All Xbox360's have been HD since the console was released. Initially component or VGA was the only way to get HD output. In 2007 HDMI output was integrated into the console and is now available in all consoles. The Elite is the only one that comes bundled with the HDMI cable. The base hardware is the same between arcade, pro and elite. The only difference being the size or inclusion of a hard drive (60Gb or 120Gb) which i'm sure you know is swappable and the colour. (I run an arcade with a 120Gb hard drive)

Therefore in terms of graphics performance any 360 model can be compared to the PS3......