ps3 or xbox?????

R_mac

Sorry this is incorrect.

All Xbox360's have been HD since the console was released. Initially component or VGA was the only way to get HD output. In 2007 HDMI output was integrated into the console and is now available in all consoles. The Elite is the only one that comes bundled with the HDMI cable. The base hardware is the same between arcade, pro and elite. The only difference being the size or inclusion of a hard drive (60Gb or 120Gb) which i'm sure you know is swappable and the colour. (I run an arcade with a 120Gb hard drive)

Therefore in terms of graphics performance any 360 model can be compared to the PS3......

I apologise for my mistake, and agree with pretty much everything you have said except for the first sentence. Until you say 2007 the 360s didnt have hdmi outputs. So how could they be HD? In hd i mean true hd like the ps3 has been from launch 1080i or 1080p (i can never remember which is the better one) Although there havent been many games for the ps3 that have been "full hd"

I thought that it was still only the elite version that had "full" hd output though maybe not anymore...

Bottom line is, if you actually really enjoy playing videogames, buy a SNES or a PSX because the games were better. Everything nowdays is just watered down crap to appeal to casual gamers.

Can't beat the classics, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario World, Super Metroid. Gimme those over Gears of War any day.

Bottom line is, if you actually really enjoy playing videogames, buy a SNES or a PSX because the games were better. Everything nowdays is just watered down crap to appeal to casual gamers.

Bottom line is, that's horseshit. There are loads of amazing games on both systems. And the Wii for that matter.

Xbox 360 has always been capable of full HD but just not equipped to output it from launch. I suspect this was Microsoft penny pinching to keep unit costs down. Any Xbox with an HDMI cable will output full HD - if your TV can. 1080p is usually the best but it depends on the shape of your screen and refresh rate etc. Ultra nerd definitions here.

The Reverend made a good point about exclusive games. I was always torn being a big fan of GTA series which had always been Playstation and PC. Having GTA4 and Halo3 pretty much made up my mind.

• 1 year later...
Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Bought ourselves an Xbox 360 with Kinect yesterday and it's pretty damned good. The motion tracking is soooooooooo responsive (even picked up when I was swigging a beer) and the games certainly give you a good work out.

I did feel a bit like I was cheating on my PS3 but when gives the green light to get another console you dont ask twice.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Tempted.

It's my birthday next week so could get COD for the Xbox and send an RC-XD up yer sphincter. The fitness game is VERY impressive. I'm actually IN the game including hoody and jammie bottoms.

What's your gamertag?