Favourite videogames

myDarlingBeefeater

The "PS3 or Xbox" thread got me wondering about everyone's gaming history. What machines did you have and what was your favourite game on each? I'll start:

ZX Spectrum +2 - Missile Defence - must have played this for years. Even my dad liked it.

Nintendo Gameboy - Super R.C. Pro-Am - Racing radio controlled cars and shooting rockets or dropping bombs etc. Was amazing with 4 players. Mario Kart was born from this IMO.

Sega Game Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oitgm60Gw-E. Game Gear was underrated and this was my fav game. Had the wee TV tuner for it which was cool as f*ck. Power hungry thing tho. Got through more batteries than an Anne Summers party.

SNES - Street Fighter II Turbo - Simply awesome. Think it's still the most expensive game I ever bought at £50 cos it came in a tin! I'm a total mug!

Amiga - Cannon Fodder - So many great games for the Amiga and I almost chose SWOS but I played this more. Great thing about the Amiga or Atari ST was swapping copied games with your mates like the good ol' speccy days (Hovis theme...)

PS2 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Possibly the best of the series.

Xbox 360 - f*ck knows. Loving

right now and Playing SWOS again thanks to Xbox Live Arcade.

great thread

Sega Mega Drive - Jungle Book (dont know why) or Lemmings

PS1 - Final Fantasy 9 (could be my fave game of all time)

GameBoy Advance - Pokemon Red (gay I know)

PS2 - Medal of Honour Frontline (esp the Saving Private Ryan 1st level)

Dreamcast - Power Stone

PS3 - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

1st 1 is much harder, i got upto the part where you going to fight sarevok and 2/3 of his mages but i always got my arse handed over to me, there was a guy in balders gate (city) who was meant to help me but when i went to speak to him he was always busy..... :cry:

btw half elf perhaps? mage was the best

finished the 2nd 1 but couldnt beat melissan in the final battle ofthe expansion pack for it :sad:

PC - Old Champ Man/Football Manager

Mega Drive - Aladdin

Commodore - Paper Boy

Master System - Streets Of Rage

PS1/2 - Gran Turismo Series

N64 - Bond Multiplayer

You can't discount any of the classics though. Streetfighter, Mortal Combat, Sonic and Mario were all awesome.

Edited by ryangordon86

Guest Bertrand

Commodore 64 - Moto X or Flimbo's Quest

Megadrive - Mortal Kombat, Streets of Rage, Road Rash and NHL. Dont know what format Double Dragon was on but it was ace!

PS1 - Probably Driver or Uefa Striker, even though it was the worst football game of all time.

Xbox - Counter Strike, excellent game

360 - COD4 - the single most addictive game invented, ever, mkII, version 2.0.

PC - Champ Man 97/98 and 01-02, these new fangled versions are rubbish!

ZX81 - Football Manager. That was a game and a half. Didn't dare turn the thing off for a couple of weeks until you'd won the first division as trying to save to tape was a hit or miss with getting volume settings just so; and not forgetting RAM pack wobble!

Spectrum 128K - Gunship2000 or Elite. Used to spend many a happy nightshift tucked away playing these in a very secure area at a secret airbase in the north of Scotland.

Amiga 600 (the one without the numberpad) - Sensible Soccer, Lemmings and Cannon Fodder.

PC - Various incarnations of Flight Simulator and Op Flashpoint. Oh and Solitaire. Almost forgot the first PC game I played - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of Lounge Lizards - quality!

PS3 - only one winner here; COD4, though hearing good things about the new Op Flashpoint game.

Edited by Moray Blue

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Cant beleive nobody has mentioned this one. Responsible for many many late nights and fights: Mariokart. Any one of them. Arguably the best ever series of multiplayer games