Perth Characters who are now deid!

25e Ainslie Place

He was a police informer. I heard him tell a cop he had a hunch....
Beenie Campbell, Wee Chairlie and his missus defo Lord Robert is Andy Lindsay who sellt programs at Muirton still around big Simon the bobby when he used to tell us to get our arses of Burton the tailors window we moved like greyhounds:neutral::laugh::laugh:

Beenie Campbell, Wee Chairlie and his missus defo Lord Robert is Andy Lindsay who sellt programs at Muirton still around big Simon the bobby when he used to tell us to get our arses of Burton the tailors window we moved like greyhounds:neutral::laugh::laugh:

Think we may have two Lord Roberts here?

My candidate was a patient at the Murray Royal who, legend has it, was put there by his family. I am pretty sure he came from genuine wealth and a Nairnshire estate was in the background, but he was mad.

He would wander around the North Inch in the evening, and it was an adventure to talk to him - and I know we are a lot wiser now.

He died late 1970s I guess - but I think he would have enjoyed selling match programmes.

That Lucky White Heather Woman and her sister

Lucky White Heather wummin is alive and kickin up Inverness way. Remember the wee guy wi the matted hair, bushy beard, wore wellies a boiler suit, cycled everywhere and stayed in a derelict building on scumdee road near the old toll house. I think he's deid.

Defo Dave Gannon the boatman doon the South Inch pond friendly guy

My first ever summer job was with Dave Gannon at the boating pond.

Believe it or not, there was a plug at the bottom of the muck in that pond. He pulled it out to see what would happen. The pond was topped up by a pipe that came from the Craigie Burn as it entered the South Inch at the south west corner. As the water drained fron the boating pond, it was filled from the burn, which dried up. The fire brigade was called, Dave got a row - but it wisnae his fault - and it was all very funny.

I think he came from Craigie way. I remember him telling how, when he was a boy, he saw the stones being drawn up Kinnoull Hill to complete St Mary's Monastry from where his boatman's hut was on the Inch.

Lucky White Heather wummin is alive and kickin up Inverness way. Remember the wee guy wi the matted hair, bushy beard, wore wellies a boiler suit, cycled everywhere and stayed in a derelict building on scumdee road near the old toll house. I think he's deid.

No hes not. Seen him last Saturday in St John Street, talking to himself, and heading towards McEwens. No doubt to cause havoc in there.

No hes not. Seen him last Saturday in St John Street, talking to himself, and heading towards McEwens. No doubt to cause havoc in there.

Apparently he cycled right through Markies a few years back. Wish I'd seen that one. He always reminded me of this http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.net/images/DonaldAusten_MrSage.jpg.

I will start the ball rolling by giving you the one and only

Lady Jean Rattray.

http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/forum/lounge/42731-jean-rattary-r-i-p.html

I've seen far more of Jeanie than I ever wanted too. About 10 years ago I met my mum after her work to give her a lift home. As we were walking through the pend from North Methven Street, beside the Clydesdale Bank (in broad daylight, at 5pm), we were greeted with the sight of Ms Rattray getting a pumping from one of her fellow jakeys! Scarred me for life that did.

Think we may have two Lord Roberts here?

My candidate was a patient at the Murray Royal who, legend has it, was put there by his family. I am pretty sure he came from genuine wealth and a Nairnshire estate was in the background, but he was mad.

He would wander around the North Inch in the evening, and it was an adventure to talk to him - and I know we are a lot wiser now.

He died late 1970s I guess - but I think he would have enjoyed selling match programmes.

No same Lord Robert I missed a coma. Andy Lindsay selt the programs. went to Southern District same time as me but he was older