Perth Characters who are now deid!

25e Ainslie Place

I've just been advised that Drew Falconer passed away this morning.

Really sad news.

I am truly shocked. He was a mate back in the day especially in the Plough Inn. We all had mousers,,,Knew the family as well. Lost touch in the 90s when I moved to London (no mobiles in them days). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sam Dean the Bobbie, we lived in the High St, used to call him Fat Sam, one day he came to our door and I opened it and shouted to my Mum "Fat Sams at the door" skelped lug that day.

Annie Carroll who use to get drunk in the Thistle and The Glencoe and sing Carolina Moon under our window every other night, think it was the only song she knew.

Beenie Campbell who used to direct traffic at the High Street Port when the policeman wasn't there. (There used to be a policeman on traffic duty at busy times)

The Salvation Army Band opposite the old post office on a Sunday night. ( They must all have died by now !! )

• 1 month later...

Some of you may remember Ramie Lowe, was a postie in Perth for many years and used to attend saints games.He also drank in the Mallard,great guy who sadly passed away on Monday after bravely fighting against illness for such a long time..RIP Ramie 

Also another great lad called Raymond Ferguson, most will know him as Mond. was a childhood friend of mine from Luncarty but spent his latter years staying in Perth. The lad had hit hard times and would mainly be seen with his faithful dog begging outside of the shopping centre most days. Sad to say he passed away on Tuesday.

Two people I knew and liked very much,hope there's no truth when they say bad news comes in threes !!!! 

Don't usually like to speak ill of the dead and I'm sorry you've lost someone you call a friend but Mond was a well known dealer and well, from what I've heard he caused the overdose and death of a male a couple of years back but nobody would grass him up to the police because he was their dealer.

A dealer who begged for a living ?  It's no secret drugs were Monds downfall in life, without speaking ill of the dead either the poor guy that died was a heavy user himself,its all hearsay what happened,who supplied,who administered the fatal hit etc,but the risk to what he was doing wasn't alien to him. Doesn't make it right of course, but as I stated , Mond was a childhood friend I grew up with him and his family being very close. 

Sam Dean the Bobbie, we lived in the High St, used to call him Fat Sam, one day he came to our door and I opened it and shouted to my Mum "Fat Sams at the door" skelped lug that day.

Annie Carroll who use to get drunk in the Thistle and The Glencoe and sing Carolina Moon under our window every other night, think it was the only song she knew.

Beenie Campbel

The Salvation Army Band opposite the old post office on a Sunday night. ( They must all have died by now !! )

Weird! I was wondering about Andy yesterday. Can't remember what it was, but something triggered a memory