Perth Characters who are now deid!

25e Ainslie Place

• 2 weeks later...

Think we may have two Lord Roberts here?

My candidate was a patient at the Murray Royal who, legend has it, was put there by his family. I am pretty sure he came from genuine wealth and a Nairnshire estate was in the background, but he was mad.

He would wander around the North Inch in the evening, and it was an adventure to talk to him - and I know we are a lot wiser now.

He died late 1970s I guess - but I think he would have enjoyed selling match programmes.

Was like a blast from the past reading this forum usually never get past the saints chat

Ye this is the Lord Robert I remember he lived in the Murray Royal used to pass my house on his way home.

He played cricket with us on the inch as he passed by on his wanders

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Works in bannatynes gym now, no mohican - looks a million times bettter. Works away and seems to like it

Who works in Bannatynes; Steven "Mad Max" MacNamee?

Really?!!?

His sister was in my class at school. Really nice lassie - nothing like her older and younger brother. Think she still works in specsavers

Soupy, if you see Max, tell him wee Joe from NIck's arcade is asking after him. Good to hear he's doing well. Many a time I would see him in the street and he'd shout me over and give me a listen on his headphones to whatever punk band he was into at the time. Very, very knowledable on just about any rock, punk etc band you could mention.

• 3 months later...

Tony Curran, used to DJ in That Bar ?   what happened?  can't have been that old either.   :confused:

Yeah he did a bit of a stint in there too, was well known for his scense of humour and funny dancing skills, he was always having a laugh. I have no idea what has actually happened to him, age wise he would be around his 40's