No Huns in Europe

Ray Blair

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We rely on Rangers and Celtic maximising their potential in Europe to generate income to develop, and yes purchase up coming Scottish Internationals at a decent price and continue to get the money in Scotland. This affect our National Side as well!!!!

I dont agree with this, they buy the good scottish players and sit them on the bench, where they rot and any 'new' tallent we have for our national side vanishes. There have been countless examples of this over the last decade.

I dont agree with this, they buy the good scottish players and sit them on the bench, where they rot and any 'new' tallent we have for our national side vanishes. There have been countless examples of this over the last decade.
There are some extreme cases like Gow and a lot more but these players eventually find their level.

The OF have being doing their bit in last few years - go back 5 years and the National Side was made up of Hearts and Hibs Players. Buying the best and playing them ie brown, whittaker etc and hopefully this will continue.

If the OF dont have money to pluck these guys, they will leave our provincial clubs and go to the championship

Guest Bertrand

I was watching the scores update and royally pissing myself laughing - this has finally exposed them as the absolute pile of garbage they are in comparison to the rest of eruopean football.

The coefficient is going anyway, we're on the slide - how about someone cracks the big two and we can have a real league, OF or no OF I dont care I'm a saints fan.

As for all this guff about us needing the old firm - so what? It is what it is, wether we come on here and enjoy rangers getting a royal humping isnt going to either save or destroy scottish football - but it does let us have a laugh at their expense. Lighten up a bit, they gone done over, enjoy it!

Some views are very short sighted. Rangers and Celtic are currently part of our league - we are stuck with them for the time being.

Having them lose a little bit of extra dosh will not close the gap long term and any who actually believe that are seriously deluded.

We rely on Rangers and Celtic maximising their potential in Europe to generate income to develop, and yes purchase up coming Scottish Internationals at a decent price and continue to get the money in Scotland. This affect our National Side as well!!!!

The OF having a decent side on the park increases the retail value of our product which is reflected in any TV deal. That affect us!

When the OF Fail to deliver on the European Stage our co-efficient is effected which means more difficult ties for our next string and also a reduction in the number of entrants that are allowed. This season we 2 teams in the Europa League (Motherwelll excluded as entry gained through fairplay) however we will more than likely find soon that one of these places will be filled by SPL runners up and one of these places will be lost to teams outside OF.

If we were to finish 4th in a few years and not get in to Europe, I wonder how all of you would feel then knowing it could have been another little adventure.

I do take a little satisfaction when it happens of course, but at the end of the day it does affect us and I will always continue to will both the OF well when they enter european competition until such time that they are not part of our league.

Rant over!

I beg to differ Mike.. The Setanta deal only collapsed at the end of last season and already the OF are already feeling the pinch. Their spending is almost nil compared to previous years and that shows right now in the quality of the players they have.The other teams might not be getting better but in less than half a season with reduced income the Of are starting to come back to the pack. Rangers only had 37,500 at the game last night so that is another chunk potential revenue lost.

As for picking up players and injecting cash into our game... Oh no,not now.. The money is coming from the English leagues..

The co-efficient matters not one jot to Saints..Even if we are lucky enough to qualify for Europe anytime soon we would still have to play a couple of qualifying rounds just as we did the last time...

Frankly I don't care if Scottish football is not very good as long as it is competetive and exciting for those teams playing here which I think it is most of the time and as the filth come back to the pack , that will just increase the competition for everyone else

Rangers and Celtic are skint and desperate for money to maintain the gap between them and everyone else. You only have to look at the whooring they have been doing publicly for the last few weeks. Starve the ****s of money and watch and smile as their support evaporates into the ether and they have to make more and more cutbacks in wages and transfers. The only reason they are where they are is money and without it, they become just another team and as such if they want to win something they will have to be hard working and lucky like everyone else..

And if you think not then I believe that it might be you who is deluded Mikey:wink:

I stand by my orginal comment their reduction in revenue isnt going to bring the pack closer together - its all relative as their teams quality reduces so does everyone further down the ladder.

The gap is too big to plug and there is only one outcome that would bring back the competetive edge which is probably the OF fecking off......

Even when Rangers and Celtic were spending millions on players they were still given the odd fright or two along the way. Thats not gonna change no other team can ever have the depth or the power to overcome obstacles consistently for an entire season now

They represent Scotland on the European Stage whether we lke it or not and that was yet another embarrassment in a long line of them

mike, i think your forgetting that it was the old firm and a short sighted aberdeen and dundee united made the gap what it is today, with crowd money not being split anymore there is little chance of any gap being closed.

they are to blame for they're own demise in europe.

its about time these 2 are shown up for what they are, a 4-1 humiliation at home is what they get.

i'll support any scottish team in europe, but not these 2

Its not only OF who have played and capitulated in Europe recently. Laugh all you like but the SPL is not the holy grail some on here think it is.The proddy half sold out their allocation on Sat. Did we? The problem is more than the OF both of whom I despise equally. SCOTTISH FOOTBALL at present is rank rotten and so long as you have guys like D Cowie etc. etc. playing for Scotland then I dont hold out much hope. Talented Scots guys with a sprinkling of influential foreigners on a sustainable wage can be the only way forward. Neither side will be playing in any other league any time soon as they are both PISH !!

There are some extreme cases like Gow and a lot more but these players eventually find their level.

The OF have being doing their bit in last few years - go back 5 years and the National Side was made up of Hearts and Hibs Players. Buying the best and playing them ie brown, whittaker etc and hopefully this will continue.

If the OF dont have money to pluck these guys, they will leave our provincial clubs and go to the championship

Gow was never ever a good player, why he was bought is still beyond me.

Scott brown is one of the ones who has made it onto the correct level at celtic but there are many many more examples of players who have rotted away at reserve level for the old firm who would have been great spl players had they not been bought from the rival teams.

Its the OF to blame for the state our game is in. For years they filled their teams with over-rated, over-priced foreigners and neglected the youngsters. The rest of the teams tried to hang on to their coat tails and spent beyond their means and youth suffered again. Rangers have had murray park up and running for years now and what has it produced? Hee Haw. The rest of scottish football should leave the OF not the other way round

Its the OF to blame for the state our game is in. For years they filled their teams with over-rated, over-priced foreigners and neglected the youngsters. The rest of the teams tried to hang on to their coat tails and spent beyond their means and youth suffered again. Rangers have had murray park up and running for years now and what has it produced? Hee Haw. The rest of scottish football should leave the OF not the other way round

You and Ghost have summed it up. It all started when Souness started buying old Engerland rejects & then moved on to other countries has-beens that were still good enough beat Scottish teams. All this time they were still signing up the cream of Scottish youth & letting them rot in the reserves.

Smith relied on the old men playing defensive football when Scotland manager & he is doing the same at Rangers & the best of Scotlands youth are still rotting in youth teams now that they can`t afford to run a reserve team.

Look at it from the Old Firms side.

No seriously, take a minute to seriously consider their business practise given their resources and the model of football success they have chosen to purchase. (Namely buying the best of the competitors).

See, not such a ****ish thing now is it.

Ok, back to being a Saints fan.

Guest Bertrand
Look at it from the Old Firms side.

No seriously, take a minute to seriously consider their business practise given their resources and the model of football success they have chosen to purchase. (Namely buying the best of the competitors).

See, not such a ****ish thing now is it.

Ok, back to being a Saints fan.

What does this mean?!