#15 - 07/11/09 - Aberdeen 2-1 Saints - SPL

sjfc.spl.09-10

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is Calderwood was a good manager working with a budget that was continually being slashed and losing his best players.

McGhee is vastly over-rated and his time at Aberdeen will show just that.

Calderwood had a budget - McGhee got nothing but a team of some dead wood and no money to do anything with. Sure he could do a decent job if he is given time. He has at least stopped playing some of the older ones and got in some of the good youths that aberdeen have.

Calderwood had a budget - McGhee got nothing but a team of some dead wood and no money to do anything with. Sure he could do a decent job if he is given time. He has at least stopped playing some of the older ones and got in some of the good youths that aberdeen have.

That's what i was thinking, Calderwood liked to moan about his budget but it was huge in comparison to most teams

I don't expect this to be the team, but I'd go:

Smith

MacKay Rusty Gartland Grainger

Millar Davidson Morris Craig

JJ Deuchar

Subs: Main, Ando, Morais/Swankie, Hardie, Sammy/Peaso, Reynolds, May.

If Morais' shoulder is 100% put him on the bench, if not Swankie gets in. Temple suggests Sammy hasn't been doing too much training so a late decision as to add him to the squad or add Peaso.

Craig has to keep his place as after he got over his bad initial 20 mins last week and I thought he came onto a good game. Millar was piss*ng all over their LB last week, hopefully he can turn in another decent performance.

I feel many are under-rating Aberdeen, from the highlights they should have been 2 up before United scored and when they went down to 9 on Saturday they were still creating decent chances.

Then again I was confident of points against Killie!!! :roll:

Expect to see:

Smith

Mackay-Dinky-Garters-Grainger

Morais-Millar-Morris-Davidon-Craig

Sammy

Want to see:

Smith

Mackay-Ando-Garters-Grainger

Swankie-Millar-Morris-Craig

Sammy-Peaso

Subs: Main, Dinky, Davidson, Moon, Deuchar, May and Reynolds

Need to attack them, they're good but nothing special. No fear

I think we'll go 4-4-2. I'd also like to see Peaso play - but no idea if he is near fitness. Davidson and Morris are stick ons to play in the middle of midfield, and I can't see Craig being dropped out left, so big question is whether Millar comes back in from the start on the right.
I would say this is very likely