Your views on homosexuality

25e Ainslie Place

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannae be bothered reading all the comments on this so if anything i say has been said before then sorry.

who cares what sexuality u are, as long as your no going around shoving it in folks faces then whats the problem, each to their own if everyone was exactly the same the world would be a boring place. As far as i know i don't know any gays but it doesn't bother me. i think i seen somewhere on the first or second page of this thread someone said watching 2 guys on the tv makes him sick heres a novel idea either turn the telly over or go make a cup of tea dae something instead of watching it nobody is making u watch it.

i apologise for the use of any innuendos in the above statement.

correct me if i am wrong but i think this thread just shows that there is a generation gap

I have no problems with gays or lesbian relationships! you cant help who you like its not possible and i dont think they should have to feel ashamed or try to hide it from anyone they have a right to live a happy life just as much as anyone else!!!

I think gays and lesbians have enough problems coming to terms with their own sexuality at a young age when its all boy, girl (if you can remember back to your teen days) and also telling their family without narrow minded people making it more difficult for you

I am not gay but i have no problem seeing 2 people of the same sex kissing its not any different from a man woman kiss. In fact i've seen a few things in town between a man and a woman that has made me sick!!! and that was in public!!!

I have gay family members and also a civil partnership in my family and they are no different to you or me so i cant see any issue with it!

to be gay is now widely accepted but sadly some people are still living in the dark ages and its always going to be that way its the same with anyone who is different in any way, people are always going to have a view cos it would just be too easy to leave them alone.

its people like that that can drive a man/woman struggling to deal with their sexuality, to suicide!!

i dont think anyone should be banned as we have freedom of speech and this has opened a debate. I have been shocked by some peoples comments on this thread where in the past i have always enjoyed what they had to say but i have had my eyes opened and quite frankly dont think i will read anymore of their comments

cannae be bothered reading all the comments on this so if anything i say has been said before then sorry.

who cares what sexuality u are, as long as your no going around shoving it in folks faces then whats the problem, each to their own if everyone was exactly the same the world would be a boring place. As far as i know i don't know any gays but it doesn't bother me. i think i seen somewhere on the first or second page of this thread someone said watching 2 guys on the tv makes him sick heres a novel idea either turn the telly over or go make a cup of tea dae something instead of watching it nobody is making u watch it.

i apologise for the use of any innuendos in the above statement.

It was me and i did!!:twisted:

I know plenty of gay people and their sexuality doesn't affect me in any way. I'd go as far as to say that gay people are more respectful towards others when it comes to their sexuality than many straight people. I've worked with a couple of gay people (male and female) and nobody has ever felt uncomfortable around them. There's never been any innuendo or harrassment. That's not always been the case with straight people!

I would say thats pretty much my experience too.Oh and for what it`s worth they sure know how to party:)

I would say thats pretty much my experience too.Oh and for what it`s worth they sure know how to party:)

While I have already made clear that it is something which I don't agree with I have to agree with you on partying. When I worked in Birmingham at the Holiday Inn, half of our restaurant staff batted for the other side and I did have a few nights out in their company. It was always a blast although occasionally one or two took it a bit to far when vast quantities of booze had been consumed..

I think the overall consensus on here from most of us who feel it is wrong is that we all agree that people are entitled to do their own thing and as long as that does not impinge upon us , it's their business and it's their choice.

Like Larky, I am not comfortable seeing guys snogging in public or on the box but the easy option is just to walk away ,look the other way or change the channel.. I also agree it might be an age thing for some of us...

I hope my comments have not offended anyone...I have just tried to be honest...

away and get a life. if your not happy dont read the thread

Disappointing. But if I'm honest, not an entirely unexpected retort.

I have the same right to question your views as you have to post them in the first place. If your not happy with that then don't read my responses.

As my final words on this subject I will only say I feel there is nothing wrong with saying you feel uncomfortable with Homosexuality. Perfectly natural when confronted by something alien to your own beliefs and that is not the point I'm trying to make. There is a massive difference between saying that and the rubbish that has been posted in the beginning of these dual threads. (Paedophilia, the holocaust reference, derogatory wording)

I see one person has already walked away from the forum due to some of the comments made on here in various threads. I can honestly say I'm considering doing the same.

Edited by Crazymofo
Spelling

I can understand people disagreeing with homosexuality for religious reasons. It's not something I can empathise with, but it's something I can appreciate. However, there seems to be a lot of people who mouth off about it without any real substance. It's almost as if they don't know why they think it's wrong.

Relgious intolerance is definately not on, PC lefties are always telling me that I 'can't say' that black people are evil. Bigots.

Im slightly surprised their are still people who "disagree" with homosexuality? "Disagree" with what exactly?

Im also amazed at people who dont think that civil partnerships are a problem? What does it matter? How does it affect you and me exactly?

But I completely agree with "gays" not being able to adopt. Its criminal to raise children in that sort of enviroment. I mean if a gay couple with the finicinal resources who would bring the child up in a safe and loving enviroment of course they shouldnt be allow to bring a child up. Obviously a hetrosexual couple are ALWAYS better qualified to being up a child. Now wheres that Heather boyd thread.....