Guccini's + Kennedys.

MUZZ

I wasn't a casual but I mind one time about 1985 a couple of Utility were spotted pinching in Valentinos and me, another mate and a couple of the MBS chased the two Dundee boys all over town before eventually catching them and dragging them back to the shop. Once the guy had his stuff back he let them go and as soon as they turned the corner into the old High Street he goes "Right lads, after them." Seemingly the two Perth lads caught up with them at the station and dished out a few slaps.

A few of us had one of our first pints in the Gowrie (long gone) and dithered outside for ages trying to get the courage to go in as we all looked about fourteen. Old Henry was on himself (it was midweek) and as soon as we walked in it was "What'll it be, boys?" They really did serve anyone in there.

A few of us had one of our first pints in the Gowrie (long gone) and dithered outside for ages trying to get the courage to go in as we all looked about fourteen. Old Henry was on himself (it was midweek) and as soon as we walked in it was "What'll it be, boys?" They really did serve anyone in there.

I mind one of the first times i was in the Gowrie and young Henry was in and his dad was behind the bar.I was talking about buying a jacket and he asked how much i had.I had £40 and he said he had a few at that price.He said just pop into Vals and tell them what your looking for.Back at SCHOOL(yeah old Henry would serve anyone) a guy i know had bought the same jacket(im sure it was a verte vallee dark denim) for £50 and was raging:razz:.

Does the "Family" still own the Bee Bar, The Gowrie and The Abbotsford ????

Old Henry was in Moncrieff nursing home but i think he might of passed away ss.The Gowrie has been part of McEwans for a wee while now selling womens clothes.I think the Bee Bar was bought by a group of taxi drivers and the Abbotsford is privately owned.Think it's chick that had the Vic.

Aye im nicking on a bit now!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Robbies was a braw shop, one of his sons still runs a shop in Perth!!

Robbie played in a band, Mark was a Saintee through and through, Scott was his wee brother and they had a brilliant massive house in Scone, used to play Subbuteo for hours with Mark !!

Good lads !!

Robbie played in a band, Mark was a Saintee through and through, Scott was his wee brother and they had a brilliant massive house in Scone, used to play Subbuteo for hours with Mark !!

Good lads !!

Robbie lives in spain(i think)Mark is still a huge Saintee, as is his son, he runs a shop in Perth, Scott lives in Canada))They both post on here as well, so might even chip inif they see this!!!

Good lads !!

...back on topic and unite the thread Sparky who ran Kennedy's was also in a great band The RBs but he also played as drummer in the Pipe Band at Muirton. Top bloke, great shops and clothed many a Saints ruffian over the years.

• 4 years later...

Valentinos was a fantastic shop bought all my clobber out there.still friends with all the lads who worked there.didnt think much of kennedys and guccinis well.take it u lads never heard o per lui.straight across from dickens.quality shop .a lot o the boys shopped there.